* Masconomet got off to a bit of a slow start in its debut in the Northeastern Conference. But the Chieftains quickly righted the ship, rattling off seven unanswered to cruise past Beverly, 7-2. The goals also came from seven different players, led by Richie Guarino (two assists), Josh Brann (assist), Aaron Zenus (assist) and Chris O’Grady (assist).
The scoring attack stayed balanced in an 8-1 win over Saugus, as sophomore Michael Bevilacqua scored twice for the Chieftains.
* Will Shull and Marblehead wasted no time in their first game action of the season, as the senior had four goals and three assists to lead the Headers past Peabody, 10-0.
* Freshman Emerson Marshall’s four goals helped Gloucester rout Swampscott, 6-0. Marshall also notched a hat trick in the Fishermen’s season-opening 8-3 victory over Peabody.
* Brandon Stewart’s power play goal with 1:11 left gave Stoneham a big 3-1 win over Burlington in a Middlesex Freedom matchup. Gavin Doherty and James Malonson added the other goals for the Spartans.
* Junior Jason Cooke scored twice, and classmates Aaron Connelly and Sean Lane added the other goals as No. 3 Tewksbury doubled up North Andover, 4-2, in the Merrimack Valley Conference.
* Owen Kneeland’s two goals led eight different Methuen players on the scoresheet in a 9-4 victory over Dracut/Tyngsboro.
* Jacob Noyes posted a pair of hat tricks for Lincoln-Sudbury in a sweep of Cambridge (11-2, 6-1) in the Dual County League.
* Cole Reposa scored the go-ahead goal and also added an assist as Plymouth North edged Patriot League foe Quincy, 3-2. Carter Mento and Logan Tomasello had the other goals for the Blue Eagles. Ronan Healy and Patrick Walsh each netted their first varsity goals in the loss for the Presidents.
* Senior Ryan Mulhern’s tiebreaking goal in the final two minutes propelled Pembroke past Whitman-Hanson, 5-3. Brendan McCabe (two goals, assist) iced the win with his empty-netter for the Titans, who also got goals from freshman Brandon Perry (first varsity) and junior James Indelicato. James Stone had 21 saves.
* Liam Polles made 15 saves, and Jeffrey Chaput netted the deciding goal in Canton’s 2-0 victory over North Attleboro in the Hockomock League. Sam Carlino’s empty-netter iced the win for the Bulldogs.
* North Reading freshman Marty Pierce earned the shutout for his first varsity win, blanking Rockport, 4-0, In Cape Ann League action.
* Triton battled to a 4-4 tie with CAL archrival Newburyport, as Ryan Lindholm scored twice. James Tatro added a goal and assist for the Vikings, Cael Kohan also scored, and Jack Forrest dished out three assists. … Tatro was coming off hat tricks in back-to-back games, the latest a four-goal, one-assist effort as Triton clipped Pentucket, 7-4. Senior Trevor Quigley also had two goals and two assists in the win.
* Liam Fecteau scored both goals and Sam Bastis backboned Dighton-Rehoboth/Seekonk to a 2-1 victory over Old Rochester/Fairhaven in the South Coast Conference.
* Sandwich got goals from Jack Greeley, Chris Cardillo and Colin Norkevicius in its 3-3 tie with Nantucket in the Cape & Islands League. Caleb Richardson set up all three goals for the Blue Knights. Sandwich also opened with a 6-1 win over St. John Paul II, getting six different scorers led by Colin McIver (goal, two assists).