– Tewksbury clinched a spot in the finals of the Ed Burns Tournament (Brinn Division) with a 6-3 win over Weymouth. Jeremy Insogna led the way with a hat trick, Tyler Barnes had two goals and Matt Cooke chipped in one.
See an interview with both Jeremy Insogna and Tyler Barnes following the game here:
– Wilmington got back in the win column with a close 1-0 win over Burlington. Nathan Alberti had the lone goal for the Wildcats while Michael Daniels had an assist in the win.
– North Attleboro got the upper hand over Oliver Ames beating the Tigers 5-3. Junior Kaden Burns led the attack with four points (3G, 1A) and Oliver Destin and Gavin Arabian also scored. Senior Brody Gaulin chipped in three assists.
– Plymouth North took down Hanover 3-2 behind two goals from Josh Bates and one from Sean Hallissey. Junior Kaden Bono was strong in net for the Eagles.
– Walpole had a two-win weekend starting with a 2-1 OT win over Milton. Junior Mike Bisceglia got the game winner and Ryan Walsh also scored. On Sunday the Timberwolves beat Burlington 5-1 behind goals from Joe Cox (2), Jason Finkelstein, Walsh and Griffin Curran.
– Norwood extended its winning streak to nine with a 3-1 win over Ashland. Sam Lally, Mark Trahan and TJ Martin all scored. On Monday the Mustangs skated to a 3-3 tie with King Philip keeping their unbeaten streak alive. Lally scored along with Jacob Sheehan and Conor Lydon.
– Gloucester improved to 9-4-1 on the season with a big 5-2 win over Masconomet. Colby Jewell and Brett Cunningham each had two goals and an assist and Brady Salah chipped in a goal for the Fisherman.
– Melrose beat Stoneham 3-2 in a Middlesex Freedom match-up. Sophomore Justin D’Antona had two goals and Jason Pino the other.
– Hopkinton shutout Holliston 2-0. Joseph Carrazza and Ryan Teitel both scored and senior goalie Jack Lang was solid in net.
– Down 3-1 entering the third period, Algonquin rallied to tie Westboro on two goals from Jack Gulachenski, and won 4-3 in overtime on an Andrew Hodge strike. Gulachenski also had the first Algonquin goal.
– Duxbury had six different goal-scorers in their 6-2 win over North Quincy. Mike Hussey, Will Atallah, Reilly Murray, Brendan Bonner, Chris Gillis and Aiden Harrington all scored for the Dragons. The win was the 200th career victory for Duxbury head coach Mike Flaherty.
– Concord-Carlisle beat Acton-Boxboro 3-2 on senior night. Noah Thorpe, Teddy McKeown and Cam Doull all scored and Jason Swaim had 21 saves in net.