Zachary McHugh scored twice and added an assist, Jon Groth and Kane Brennan chipped in a goal and two assists apiece, and Newburyport scored a big 4-3 nonleague win over St. Mary’s. The teams previously had skated to a 0-0 tie to open the season.
– Top-ranked Tewksbury exploded for five goals in the first period and then held off Newton South, 5-3, to remain unbeaten. Sean Lane and Jason Cooke each scored twice each, and Matt Cooke had the other goal for the Redmen.
* Charlie Rastaukas scored twice and added an assist, and Haverhill picked up a 4-3 win over Methuen in what was a nonleague game between Dual County/Merrimack Valley 3 foes. Justin Torosian added a goal and assist, and Dylan Soucy made 24 saves for the Hillies.
* Canton shut out Attleboro, 6-0, behind the goaltending of junior Carson Eagles. Senior Andrew Valkanas scored twice and senior Mike Anderson notched his first varsity goal for the Bulldogs.
* North Attleboro blanked Taunton, 5-0, with Mark Ayvazyan scoring twice and adding an assist. Nick Longa, Brody Gaulin and Brady Sarro added goals, and Nik Kojoian and Anthony Wescott had two assists each. Kyle Gruber posted the shutout … The Rocketeers posted another 5-0 win over Smithfield, R.I., behind another Gruber shutout. Sam Clarke, Ayvazyan, Kojoian, Joe Consalvo and Kaden Burns each scored, and Wescott had four assists.
* Tyler Walser scored twice and Duxbury skated past Whitman-Hanson, 5-1, in the Patriot League. Colin Hulett also netted his first career goal for the Dragons, who got their other goals from Brady Glass and Reilly Murray.
* Kevin Norwood scored a pair of goals and had an assist on a goal from Evan Hallissey in Plymouth North’s 3-1 win over Pembroke.
* Quincy edged crosstown rival North Quincy, 3-1, behind goals from Cam Quigley, Timmy Kelly and Joe Hennessy.
* The tandem of sophomore Emerson Marshall (hat trick) and senior Jack Costanzo (goal) continued to provide the offense for Gloucester, which doubled up Danvers, 4-2, in the Northeastern Conference.
* Marblehead grabbed a 4-1 nonleague win over Triton thanks to the play of the Jalbert brothers – Connor (goal, two assists) and Aidan (three assists). Christopher Locke had a goal and assist for the Magicians, and Carter Laramie added a goal.
* AJ Sacco scored twice and Masconomet edged past Winthrop, 3-1. Mike Bevilacqua had the other goal in the win.
* The trio of Myles Kidd (two goals), Bryan Metayer (goal, two assists) and Tom Martin (two assists) were keys for Norwood in its 4-1 win over Dedham in the Tri-Valley League.
* Joe Scardino’s two third-period goals helped Hopkinton ice a 5-2 TVL win over Norton. Cal Greenwood, Joey Carrazza and Charlie Purpura chipped in a goal apiece for the Hillers.
* Brett Ebert’s second-period goal helped Wilmington pull out a 1-1 Middlesex League tie with Woburn.
* Oliver Ames skated past Stoughton/Brockton, 5-2, as senior Elliot Cohen scored twice for the Tigers. Sophomore Jack Corey added a goal and assist, and sophomore Dan Paul notched his first varsity goal.
* Dylan Arnold earned the shutout for Westboro, which got a goal and two assists from Bradan Duggan in its 3-0 win over Hudson. Jackson Bohn and Max Aires had the other goals for the Rangers.
* Algonquin took care of Westfield, 7-2, as Tommy Hauck and Nick D’Angelo each had a pair of goals.
* Westfield also beat Agawam, 2-0, as Daniel Bennett and Tyler Kutt scored third-period goals.