* The defending champion is very much alive in the Catholic Conference. No. 11 Catholic Memorial (2-2-0) belted No. 2 BC High (2-1-0), playing its first game in two weeks, 7-2. Aidan Tripp and Glenn Considine both scored two goals for CM. Will MacNeil (2 assists), Brendan MacNeil and Ty Magliozzi also scored while goalie Dom Walecka stopped 16 shots.
* Also in the Catholic Conference, Malden Catholic (0-0-1) finally hit the ice for the first time and played No. 12 Xaverian (0-2-2) to a 3-all OT tie. MC won the shootout but it’s a tie under MIAA guidelines. Zach Montecalvo, Brendan Curtis and Seamus Condon scored for the Lancers. Jack Silva, Braden O’Hara and Joey Crowley connected for Xaverian.
* In the Catholic Central Large, No. 3 Austin Prep (5-1-3) squared off with No. 7 St. Mary’s (4-2-2) for the second time in a week (third overall) and the teams played to their second 3-3 tie of the season. Colby Magliozzi, Dante D’Ambrosio and Kyle LoNigro scored for St. Mary’s. Jacob Duval scored twice, Robby McDonald had a single goal and Deniro DeMarco had two assists for the Cougars.
* Also in the Catholic Central Large, Arlington Catholic dispatched Bishop Fenwick, 7-2, getting two-goal performances from Carson Priante and Alex Costa. Adam Haytayan had a goal and assist for the Cougars.
* In Middlesex Liberty Division play, No. 4 Belmont (4-0-2) opened a 2-0 halftime lead on goals by Cam Fici and Michael Pomer but Reading (0-2-2) forged a 2-2 tie with second-half strikes from Landyn Greatorex and Johnny Vedder.
* In Patriot League action, undefeated No. 6 Hingham (7-0-0) shut down D2 No. 10 Plymouth North, 3-0. Lars Osterberg scored twice for the Harbormen, Drew Carleton delivered the game-winner in the second period and Theo Jacobs stopped 15 shots for the shutout.
* In Cape & Islands action, No. 20 Falmouth (4-0-2) edged archrival Barnstable (1-2-0) on Kevin Coyne’s late third-period goal, 3-2. Kyle Souza scored twice for the Clippers. Colby Purcell and Dillon Huntington scored for Barnstable.
* No. 19 Cape Ann League leader Newburyport (5-0-1) pulled away from North Reading, 6-2, behind a pair of goals from Ryan Archer and Colin Richmond. Tony Lucci and Tucker St. Lawrence also scored for the Clippers.
* In the Bay State Herget, Walpole (3-1-0) squeezed past Wellesley (1-3-0), 1-0, behind Jack Curran’s shutout. Jason Finklestein scored the game-winner , assisted by Will Blakeley.
* In the Bay State Carey, Natick (2-1-0) slammed Newton North, 7-0. The Redmen got goals from Nick Polymeros (GWG), Max Gargurevich, Alex Crook, Sean McWhinnie, Ryan Comeau, Luke Rader and Tyler Duby.
* In the Patriot League, Duxbury (3-3-2) dumped Whitman-Hanson, 5-1. Wyatt Glass scored twice while Brady Glass, Wick Ross and Billy Mrowka added one each for the Green Dragons.
* In Patriot League play, No. 16 Marshfield (5-1-2) handled Whitman-Hanson, 7-2, as Jake Mastrangelo (hat trick, 2 assists) and Cam McGettrick (goal, 4 assists) both had five-point games.
* In a Cape & Islands battle of unbeaten teams, No. 20 Falmouth (3-0-1) and D2 No. 9 Sandwich (5-0-1) played to a 1-all tie dominated by goalies Jack Braga of Falmouth (19 saves) and Mitchell Norkevicius of Sandwich (17 saves). Falmouth’s Max McDonald (SHG) and Sandwich’s Conor McIver (PPG) had special teams goals.
* In the Catholic Central Large, No. 7 St. Mary’s (4-2-1) put an end to its two-game losing streak with a 3-0 whitewash of Bp. Feehan. Owen Giangrande posted the shutout and Seamus Foley, Brady Bullock, and Harrison Kinne netted the goals for the Spartans.
- Featured image courtesy of @BEACHSKATES