SERIO CUP TOURNAMENT
* No. 1 Xaverian (5-0-0) claimed the Pat Serio Cup Championship, sweeping aside St. John’s of Shrewsbury, 7-1, in the semifinals and shutting out Marshfield, 2-0 in the title game. Kevin Parrish and Brock Casey scored in the title game while Jesse Peck assisted both goals and Kevin Richardi made 14 saves for the shutout. Parrish scored twice in the semifinal win against SJS. Pioneers’ goalie Liam Tenney stopped 42 shots.
* No. 15 Marshfield (3-2-1) upended host Framingham in the Serio Cup semifinals, 4-1. Will Doherty and Cam McGettrick scored two goals each for the Rams.
* SJS knocked off Framingham in the consolation game, 2-1. Trevor Potenti and Luke Gerardi scored for SJS and Ben Gaudette made 27 saves. Noah Albright scored for Framingham and Troy Huber had 22 saves.
CM CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT
* Led by a hat trick from Ty Magliozzi, No 4 Catholic Memorial (4-0-0) dominated the championship game of the Catholic Memorial Christmas Tournament at Warrior Ice Arena in a 10-0 rout of Bishop Fenwick. Brendan MacNeil and Tommy Goonan added a pair of goals each and Dom Walecka and Ryan Littlefield combined for the 12-save shutout.
*In the semifinals, CM doubled up Notre Dame of West Haven (CT), 6-3. The game was tied, 2-2, after two periods before the Knights pulled away in the third with junior center Brendan MacNeil netting the go-ahead goal and junior winger Mike Spinelli scoring the game-winner.
* Bishop Fenwick topped Bishop Feehan in the semifinals, 5-3. Max Viera (2 goals), Kevin Wood (goal), Matt O’Connor (goal), and Manny Sagee (goal) all scored for the Crusaders.
* No. 19 Falmouth (5-0-1) won three straight, knocking off Newton South, Westford Academy and Bridgewater-Raynham in succession, the last two in OT. Charlie Bardelis delivered the game-winning goal against Newton South.
* A goal late in the third period by Chase McKenna proved to be the winner, propelling No. 11 Hingham (3-2-0) to a non=league win over long-time rival Marshfield at Hobomock Ice Arena.
* Colin Treacy made 15 saves and George Darwin notched his first career goal for Needham (1-5-0) in a 4-0 non-league win against Lexington. Jimmy Kenney added a goal and assist, and Aidan O’Malley and Tom Casey also scored.
* Archbishop Williams tripped Natick, 2-1, in the semifinals and then stopped host Bridgewater-Raynham, 4-2, in the title game of the Bridgewater Christmas Classic. BR edged Barnstable in the other semifinal in a shootout, 5-4. Sophomore Ryan McInnis scored twice.
* Belmont improved to 8-0-0 with a solid 4-1 conquest of Franklin. Cam Fici continued his torrid start to the season with a hat trick, including a shorthanded goal, while Matty Rowan added the other.
* No. 5 St. John’s Prep (3-1-0) wore out New Hampshire D1 Bishop Guertin, 7-0, breaking the game open with four third-period goals. Payton Palladino and Brian Cronin combined for the nine-save shutout. Tommy Sarni led the Eagles’ offense with two goals, while Tommy Tilas netted his first career goal.