– Ben Jarosz had a hat trick to lead Franklin to a 6-1 win over Weymouth in an opening round game of the Ed Burns Coffee Pot Classic. Ben Paterson, Logan Marchand and Christian Shabbick each contributed a goal for the Panthers, who will now face Reading in the next round on Sunday.
– Will Doherty‘s second goal of the night, in overtime, gave Marshfield a 3-2 win over top-seeded Arlington in another Ed Burns Classic first round game. Nick Souretis also had a goal for the Rams, while Jake Russell and Stefano Sotiropoulos had goals for the Spy Ponders. Brady Quackenbush was stellar in goal for Marshfield with 22 saves. Marshfield moves on to a semifinal tilt Sunday against Tewksbury.
– Woburn downed Medford, 3-1, in a non-league tilt, with goals from Larry Parece, Darby Ciavardone and Derek Baccari.
– Evan Pennucci scored twice to lead Reading to a 4-1 win over Framingham in the Burns Classic. Defenseman Zach Micciche (assist) and Jake Donovan added goals for the Rockets. Caleb Patrick had the lone strike for the Flyers.
– Lincoln-Sudbury doubled up Boston Latin, 6-3, in the MVC/Dual County 2. Brendan Quinn scored three goals for the Warriors, and Frankie DeTraglia had a pair. Ben Chwalek also scored.
– Central Catholic picked up a key win over Austin Prep, edging the Cougars 3-2. Adam Godfrey led the Raiders with a pair of goals.
– Hingham slipped past Winchester, 2-1, in overtime at the Ed Burns Classic. Billy Jacobus got the game winner in extra time. Travis Rugg had the first goal for the Harbormen.
– St. John’s Prep’s balanced attack was in full force against Malden Catholic. Jake Vana‘s two goals led a 6-3 win for the Eagles, who also got goals from Jimmy Ayers, Ben McGilvray, Aidan Holland and Cam Umlah.
– Goals by James Koo, Evan England, Connor Fryberger and Jed Chojnowski powered Catholic Memorial to a 4-2 win over St. John’s (S). The Knights trailed 2-1 entering the third period.
– Matt Trudell, Braden Archambault, Griffin Bucci and Kevin DeMichaelis each had a goal as Andover rallied past Westford Academy, 4-3.
– Jack Silva, Braden O’Hara and Max Lockwood each put home a goal in Xaverian’s 3-2 win over BC High in the Catholic Conference.
– St. Mary’s got a big Catholic Central League win, blanking Arlington Catholic 4-0 on goals from Brady Bullock, Jake Desmarais, Daniel Domeniconi and Cam McGonagle.
– Cullen Dolan‘s overtime goal was the difference in North Andover’s 4-3 win over Lowell. Teagan Dolan scored twice for the Scarlet Knights and Patrick Nugent also had a goal.