– After falling to St. John’s Prep over the weekend, #2 Catholic Memorial righted itself in a big way, scoring four first period goals en route to a 5-0 win over BC High. Tyler Hamilton led the charge with a pair of goals, Connor Fryberger had a goal and two assists, and Morgan Lenehan and Joe Marchi also had goals. Owen Watson stopped 21 shots for the shutout.
– In a key Middlesex League showdown, #8 Belmont knocked #3 Reading from the unbeaten ranks, taking a 3-1 win at Skip Viglirolo Rink. The Rockets led 1-0 late into the second period on a goal by freshman Ryan MacCurtain. Belmont’s Shay Donahue tied it right before the break, and senior Cam Fici scored the game-winner early in the third on a power play, and added the empty-net clincher. Defenseman Peter Grace assisted on all three goals for Belmont.
– Also in the Middlesex Liberty, Arlington got past stubborn Winchester, 2-1, in overtime, with senior Drew Fecteau getting the winning goal in extra time.
– Parker Meyer had both goals, and Casey Dmonchowski was solid between the pipes as Wachusett held off Nashoba Regional, 2-1, in Central Mass.
– Braintree edged past Weymouth, 3-2, in overtime for its second straight win. Anthony Cappello scored two goals and assisted on the third by Drew Coady. Senior Ryan Cochrane had 32 saves for the Wamps. Ryan Kane had both goals for the Wildcats, the second tying the game late in the third period.
– Xaverian got back on the winning trail, doubling up Malden Catholic, 4-2, as Liam Capplis had a goal and two assists. The Hawks also got goals from Matt Dion, Cole LeBlanc and Jack Fitzpatrick.
– Barnstable got four goals from freshman Chase Field in a 6-2 conquest of Nauset Regional. Owen Jones and Chad Tordone added goals for the Red Hawks.
– Two goals from Nick Petkovich led #4 Pope Francis to a 5-1 win over Bridgewater-Raynham. Ryan O’Leary, Zach Buffone and Matteo Cuccovia had goals as well for the Cardinals.
– St. Mary’s improved to 9-0-1, getting past Catholic Central League rival Archbishop Williams, 3-1, thanks to goals from Aidan Fitzpatrick, Maddox Jacobson and Cam McGonagle.
– Arlington Catholic and Bishop Feehan skated to a 1-1 deadlock in the Catholic Central League. Dante Cosco had the goal for the Cougars, his first of the season.
** Featured photo courtesy of @BEACHSKATES