– Weymouth took on Framingham for the second time in as many days in the opening round of the Ed Burns Tournament’s Blinn Division, and for the second straight time the Wildcats emerged victorious, this time a 4-2 win led by two goals from Jack Browning.
– In its opening round Ed Burns Doherty Division game, Arlington roared back from two goals down to post a 3-2 overtime win over Braintree. Drew Fecteau notched the game-winner 54 seconds into extra time, after Liam Gore and Stephanos Sotiropoulos scored third period goals to erase a 2-0 Braintree lead. Anthony Cappello and Andrew Gaffney scored for the Wamps.
– Playing perhaps its best all-around game of the season, Reading downed Wellesley, 4-1, in a Burns Tournament game. The Rockets got goals from Ben Wright, Cam Fahey, Robbie Granara and Maxx Owens in the win.
– Belmont’s Peter Grace scored a second period goal, and Cam Fici sealed it with an empty-netter in the Marauder’s Burns Tournament first round win over Marshfield, 2-0.
– Catholic Memorial decisioned BC High, 3-1, in a Catholic Conference bout. Owen Watson made 22 saves, and Connor Fryberger, Brendan MacNeill and Austin Kelley each had a goal.
– Ryan Warzynski scored two goals, and Matt Mahoney, Frankie DeTraglia and Quinn Martin one each in Lincoln-Sudbury’s 5-1 win over Acton-Boxboro.
– Central Catholic blanked Waltham, 4-0, getting two goals each from Cam Jankowski and Max Gagnon.
– Declan Walsh, Jack Dennehy, Barry Burke and Ryan Peterson each had a goal in Milton’s 4-1 win over Brookline.
– Arlington Catholic got an overtime goal from freshman Tyler Heldenbergh to upset St. Mary’s 2-1. Ryan Noonan had the other goal for the Cougars.
– Shrewsbury took down Chelmsford in the MVC/Dual County I behind two goals from Nick McManus. Carter Richardson, Anthony Nuzzolilo and Shawn Salt added goals for the Colonials.
– Jesse Peck‘s overtime goal was the difference as Xaverian snuck past Malden Catholic, 4-3. Tommy Dunn, Devin Gosciak and Colvin Callahan each had a goal as well for the Hawks.
– Two goals from Nick Burns and singles by Ryan Nelken and David MacLure led Westford Academy to a 4-1 verdict of Billerica.
– Pope Francis held off Rhode Island’s Bishop Hendricken, 4-3, getting two goals from Nick Petkovich, and one each by Ryan O’Leary and CJ Watroba.