– #3 Xaverian took the showdown with #1 St. John’s Prep on Wednesday, getting an outstanding goaltending performance from Brendan Flanagan (41 saves) and goals from Jack Silva and Braden O’Hara for a 2-0 win. In the process, the Hawks (11-1-1) avenged their only loss of the season.
– St. Mary’s got a pair of goals from Nick Thornton and one from Brady Bullock in a 3-3 tie with Winchester. The Red & Blank were paced by Michael Cashell (2 goals) and David Strong (goal).
– Catholic Memorial picked up a key Catholic Conference win, edging BC High 2-1 with goals from Evan England and Nick D’Olympio and a solid 28-save performance from Dom Walecka. The two teams meet again on February 13.
– Also in the Catholic Conference, Daniel Zizza had a hat trick to power Malden Catholic to a 5-0 whitewashing of St. John’s (S). Seamus Condon and Joe Gaffney also had goals for the Lancers.
– Michael Arsenault‘s goal with 18 seconds left powered Woburn to a 3-2 win over Burlington. Alex Fishlin and Derek Santullo also lit the lamp for the Tanners.
– In a wild one in the Hockomock League, Franklin blitzed Mansfield, 13-5. Justin Magazu had a hat trick and Dominic Lampasona, Dylan Marchand and Ben Patterson all had two goals in the win.
– Braintree got four goals from Nolan Leonard in a 9-2 win over Newton North. Deni Tabaku and Kyle Hutchinson each notched a pair of goals as the Wamps improved to 8-2-1 overall.
– Framingham downed Needham, 3-1, with goals from PJ Farese, Davin Nichols and Braden Peterson.
– Myles Galluzzo, Brady O’Connor, Matt Brown and Nico Tashjian each had a goal as Arlington Catholic edged past Archbishop Williams, 4-3.
– Alec Sullivan pitched the shutout in goal and Mike Dufton, James Lawhorne and Robbie Granara each scored in Reading’s 3-0 win over Wakefield.
– Frankie DeTraglia had the overtime game-winner as Lincoln-Sudbury got past Acton-Boxboro 4-3 to improve to 10-1-0.