* St. Mary’s (5-0-1) registered a key Catholic Central Large win on New Year’s Day, upending Austin Prep, 2-1. Kyle LoNigro notched the game-winner in the third period while Brady Carpenter scored in the first.
* In non-league holiday action, Catholic Memorial relied on its special teams in a 3-1 win against Needham. Glen Considine netted a shorthanded goal while Zach Callahan and Jonny Nichols both delivered power play strikes. Knights’ goalie Dom Walecka had a steady 18-save performance.
* Also on the holiday,St. John’s Prep ran its unbeaten streak to four games with a 3-0 whitewash of Xaverian in the Catholic Conference. Noah Dorsey-Sorofman had the shutout with 21 saves. Zach McKennelley and Pat Moran netted power play goals for the Eagles, who have regrouped nicely after a lopsided season-opening loss to Hingham.
* It’s been a productive week for Burlington, which pulled away from Wakefield Wednesday, 5-2, and knocked off Newburyport Monday, 4-2, in a pair of well-played contests. Against Wakefield Ryan O’Halloran netted his 100th career point with a goal and Cam Costa (ENG) added a pair. Sean Malone scored twice against Newburyport. Ryan Archer and Ben Reynolds connected for the Clippers.
* Chris Cordeiro scored twice and William Jones, Jack Sciopone and Joe Longueil added single goals in Barnstable’s 5-2 win against Sandwich.
* Tim Carroll opened the scoring and closed it with an empty-netter as Hingham held off Marshfield, 4-2. Terrence Concannon and Paul Forbes also scored for the Harbormen. Danny Kane and Jonny Jordan connected for Marshfield.
* Billy Mrowka, Will Nolan and Friend Weiler scored in Duxbury’s 3-3 deadlock with D2 power Canton. The Bulldogs’ Chris Lavoie tied it with 10 seconds remaining.
* Jake Marini scored twice and Paul Egan and Jack Smith added a goal apiece in Billerica’s 4-2 non-league win against Arlington Catholic.
* Falmouth got two goals from Nick Champani and a shorty from Daren McDonald in its 3-2 win against Shrewsbury. Sam O’Connor and Connor Lynch scored for Shrewsbury.