* There are no more unbeatens in Central Mass. after Wachusett Regional and Fitchburg/Monty Tech. dropped games last week. The Mountaineers fell to rival and now D1 Shrewsbury, 3-2, on Wednesday despite Kevin Skagerlind’s two goals. The Red Raiders lost to a hot Hopedale team, 10-0.
* Northbridge extended their winning streak to eight games thanks to wins over Lunenburg and Gardner. The Rams continue to show their balance beyond Liam Gill, getting goals from Alex Smith, Nick Locurto, Thomas Deguire and Ryan Couture in the win over the Blue Knights.
* Marlboro extended its unbeaten streak to six games after earning a 1-1 draw on Saturday against Essex Tech. Matt Farrell had the Panther goal while Billy McCarthy continued his strong play in net.
* Algonquin Regional seems to have turned a corner after posting a three-point week. The Tomahawks went on the road to beat Groton-Dunstable on Wednesday before tying Nashoba Regional, 3-3 on Saturday. Nicholas Larsen’s third period tally tied it for Algonquin against Chieftains.
* After going 1-6 in the first seven games, Westboro has gone 2-0-1 in the past three contests. Most recently, the Rangers beat Nashoba Regional, 5-2, thanks to in large part to a Drew Lewis-Keddy hat trick.
* Auburn followed up a big win against Westfield on January 11th with another impressive win on Wednesday, a 3-1 triumph over Leominster. Hakim Kagni’s power-play goal in the second period was the difference.
* Ethan Cassavant scored twice to help lift Oakmont Regional to a 5-0 win over Gardner. That win was the third in a row for the Spartans.
* North Middlesex and Hudson played to a 1-1 tie on Monday. Cam Bower scored for the Hawks while T.J. Murphy scored for the Patriots.
* Hopedale has now won three in a row after wins over Fitchburg and St. Peter-Marian this past week. During the three-game winning streak, Hopedale has outscored their opponents by a 30-1 combined margin.
* Luke Evers had the game-winner as Worcester extended their point-streak to five games with a 3-2 win over Littleton on Wednesday.
* Ryan Tucker scored twice to lead South Hadley to a 7-1 win over Chicopee Comp. Anthony Cigal was strong in net for the Tigers, turning away 17 of the 18 shots he faced.
* West Springfield extended their winning steak to four games after blanking Agawam, 5-0 on Saturday. Cam Collette and Damon Polk both scored twice for the Terriers. West Springfield posted an impressive win on Thursday, edging Amherst-Pelham, 1-0. Jack Castor had the lone goal in the contest.
* On Friday, Mount Everett and Easthampton skated to a 4-4 draw. Tyler Galpin had two goals for the Easthampton Eagles while Camden Raifstanger led the Mount Everett Eagles with a goal and an assist.
* On Wednesday, Wahconah slipped past Greenfield, 4-3 in a game featuring a pair of ranked teams. Ryan Lapierre scored twice for the Warriors while Bryan Baumann continued his impressive season with two more tallies.
In other Wednesday action, Trevor Poirier’s four goals and two assists propelled Chicopee to a 6-3 win over Ludlow while Chicopee Comp. beat Easthampton, 3-2. Dylan Seymour had all three goals for the Colts.