* Saturday’s slate featured five Central-Western Mass. crossover contests, with Central Mass. teams winning earning the slight edge by winning three of five games. Groton-Dunstable stunned Western Mass. No. 1 West Springfield, 6-3, as Gavin Lilly and Nate Glencross each scored twice for the Crusaders. Luke Evers had a hat trick in Worcester’s 6-2 win over Chicopee. Braedin Dobek, Andrew Miller, and Nicolas Saracino all scored to lift East Longmeadow to a 3-2 win over Oakmont Regional. Chicopee Comp. downed Gardner, 7-4, and Algonquin had an impressive 4-2 win over Longmeadow. In another key Central-Western battle on Friday, Westfield blanked Grafton, 4-0.
* Hudson played an Eastern Mass. team in Acton-Boxboro, beating them 6-1 behind Mike O’Malley’s hat trick. The Hawks have won three in a row as they look to fine-tune their game ahead of the tournament.
* Wachusett has now won five in a row after dispatching Groton-Dunstable and North Middlesex this past week. Kevin Skagerlind had a pair of goals against the Patriots while Donovan Alfama recorded the shutout.
* Nashoba Regional also remains hot, as they extended their winning streak to three games on Saturday with a 6-0 win over Lunenburg. The Chieftains are 6-0-2 over their past eight games. Saturday’s game was also the annual Short Bowl, as brothers Trevor Short (Nashoba) and Eric Short (Lunenburg) faced each other as head coaches of their respective teams.
* In a clash between two hot teams, Northbridge edged Hopedale, 5-3 on Saturday. Liam Gill powered the Rams with four goals as Northbridge has now won 14 in a row.
* Johnny Campbell’s hat trick propelled Assabet to a 5-1 win over Littleton on Saturday as the Aztecs used four goals in the second period to take control of the contest.
* Westboro snapped a six-game losing streak thanks to a 5-2 win over St. Peter-Marian. Sean Coughlin and Sam Schiffman each scored twice for the Rangers.
* Auburn earned a quality 3-1 victory over Marlboro on Saturday behind goals by Joel Miller, Nick Spanos, and Dominic DiPadua.
* Easthampton rallied to edge Belchertown, 4-3 on Saturday. Matt Sullivan lead the way for the Eagles with two goals.
* Bryce Russ’ hat trick helped Southwick down South Hadley, 5-3 on Saturday. Noah Jubb and Tommy Whalley also scored for the Rams.
* Drury picked up an impressive point when they tied Amherst-Pelham, 3-3 on Saturday. Brandon Lincoln, Connor Cirullo, and Chase Vanderwoude all scored a goal for Drury, while Kouji Ishida (2 goals) and Chris Foster found the back of the net for Amherst.
* In Thursday action, Longmeadow edged East Longmeadow, 4-3 as Simon Higgins led the way for the Lancers with a goal and two assists.
* Greenfield pushed their winning streak to eight games with a 2-1 win over Belchertown. Kevin Baumann and Sammy Knight had the Green Wave goals.