* Wachusett Regional remains the one of two unbeaten team in Central Mass. (9-0-1) after wins over Hudson and Groton-Dunstable. In Wednesday’s 2-1 win over the Hawks, Sean Gardner had both goals, showing why many consider him to be a top defenseman in Central Mass.
* That other unbeaten team is Fitchburg/Monty Tech. (4-0-3). The Red Raiders earned a hard-fought 0-0 tie against Worcester on Wednesday before Max Beaulac’s hat trick helped propel Fitchburg to a 7-1 win on Saturday over Nashoba Valley Tech.
* Northbridge has now won seven in a row after a statement 6-1 victory over Leominster on Saturday. Alex Smith had a big game for the Rams with two goals. Goaltender Chris Wells continues to impress as his turned away 31 of the 32 shots he faced.
* Third period power-play goals from Caleb Bartlett and Shawn Bradway helped lift Auburn to an impressive 3-2 road win over Westfield on Saturday night. Nick Spanos recorded a first period goal on the man-advantage for the Rockets as well.
* Marlboro had as good of a week as anybody in the region thanks to a pair of 3-1 wins over Hudson and Longmeadow. Billy McCarthy has emerged in net for the Panthers. Kyle Carroll and Kyle Caissie scored a goal in each of the Panther wins last week.
* Westboro snapped a five-game losing streak with a win over Auburn on Wednesday before a 1-1 tie against East Longmeadow on Saturday. In the win over the Rockets, Cam Pelkey had the game-winner in the second period after the Rangers fell behind early.
* Rivals Grafton and Worcester skated to a 1-1 draw on Saturday at the DCU Center in Worcester. Cam Bern scored for Grafton while Luke Evers tied it late for the Wildcats. Reed Henson made 28 stops for the Indians while Josh Lemieux recorded 17 saves for Worcester.
* Hudson snapped a three-game losing streak on Saturday with 2-0 win over Algonquin. Kyle Gonzalez was sharp in net, stopping all 29 shots he faced. Connor Benoit and Mike O’Malley had the Hawks’ goals.
* West Springfield continued their strong play, beating Lunenburg, 3-1 on Saturday. John Ansart, Damon Polk, and Liam Pouliot all had goals for the Terriers.
* Greenfield won their sixth game in a row after beating Assabet on Saturday, 2-0. Bryan Baumann and Jacob Bryant had goals for the Green Wave while Riley Drew recorded the shutout (24 saves).
* Garren Fugiel’s hat trick propelled Easthampton to their first win of the season Saturday night, a 6-4 win over Ludlow.
* Westfield and Longmeadow played to a 2-2 tie on Friday evening. Kevin Hosmer and Matt Bacon score for the Bombers while Cole Guidrey and Chris Salwen notched goals for the Lancers.
* Wahconah split a pair of games, beating Chicopee, 3-2 on Wednesday before falling to Amherst-Pellham, 3-1 on Saturday. In the win over the Pacers, Mike Cullett, Ernie Lampron, and Owen Kroboth all found the back of the net.