* Wachusett Regional snapped a two-game winless streak with a 5-3 win over Westboro on Saturday. Kevin Skagerlind recorded a hat trick and Sean Gardner had a goal and three assists for the Mountaineers.
* In a game featuring two of the top teams in Central Mass. Hudson made a big statement with a 4-1 win over Marlboro this past Wednesday. Matt Lombardi led the way for the Hawks with two goals and an assist. Marlboro beat the Hawks back on January 1st, 6-1. The two rivals play a third and final regular season game on Valentine’s Day. Marlboro rebounded from that loss to Hudson with a quality 4-1 win over Algonquin on Saturday evening. Hudson also played Saturday, tying Medway, 4-4. Anthony Carlman tallied two goals for the Hawks.
* Northbridge beat Worcester, 2-1, in a game featuring two teams with district championship aspirations. Matt Meola opened the scoring for Worcester, but Thomas Deguire tied it in the second, and Liam Gill delivered the game-winner later in the second on a breakaway to help the Rams edge the Wildcats. Northbridge outshot the Wildcats 31-14.
* Hopedale extended their unbeaten streak to give games on Saturday, dispatching Watertown, 6-3. Brady Butler scored four goals for the Blue Raiders who pushed their record to 7-3-3 on the season.
* Assabet picked up a win in a wild contest against Fitchburg on Saturday which featured a combined eight third period goals. Aiden Young had four goals to lead the Aztecs, including the game-winner with three minutes remaining in the contest.
* North Middlesex won a wild game of their own on Saturday, coming from behind late to stun St. Peter-Marian. With the Patriots trailing 4-3, William Morrissey scored with just 26 seconds remaining to tie the game at four. Morrissey then notched the winner with just 11 seconds left to allow the Patriots to keep their postseason hopes alive as they moved to 4-4-3 on the season.
* And speaking of thrillers, Leominster scored four goals in the last 4:11 to stun Westboro on Wednesday. A.J. Mills had the game-tying and game-winning goals for the Blue Devils.
* Lunenburg had a nice two-win week, edging Grafton, 2-1 on Wednesday before an 8-1 triumph over Gardner on Saturday. In the win over the Indians, the Blue Knights got goals from Nathan Handy and Jason Brandy. Grafton rebounded nicely on Friday as Jack Mahoney earned the 22-save shutout in the Indians’ 4-0 win over Littleton.
* Two games on Saturday featured Central-West teams, as Groton-Dunstable came from behind to stun Longmeadow, 4-3 behind third period goals from Nate Glencross and Jacob Figueroa. Auburn picked up a 6-3 win over Minnechaug as Joel Miller led the way with a pair of goals for the Rockets. On Thursday, the Falcons, led by two goals from Stephen Mushenko, picked up a key 5-4 win over Longmeadow.
* Chicopee earned a statement win on Saturday, doubling-up Wahconah, 4-2. Neftali Romero led the Pacers with two goals.
* Greenfield moved to 10-2 in the season after shutting out South Hadley, 4-0, on Saturday. Riley Drew made 16 stops for the Green Wave.
* Nick Farrell scored twice to lead Chicopee Comp. to a 5-2 win over Drury on Saturday. Also on Saturday, Owen Kervick also scored twice to help East Longmeadow down Agawam, 4-0.
* In Friday action in Western Mass., Amherst skated past Southwick, 4-1 as Chris Foster’s two goals led the way for the Hurricanes.
* South Hadley stunned Belchertown, 2-1 as Joe Meon scored the game-winner with a 2-on-1 with just 20 seconds left to lift the Tigers.
* Westfield shut down Agawam, 2-0, behind goals from Gavin Carzello and Brandon Schuman.
* Ludlow picked up its first win of the season in a 7-5 victory over Mt. Everett. Samuel Cocchi had a pair of goals for the Lions.