Led by the dynamic scoring duo of Jack Costanzo (hat trick, assist) and Emerson Marshall (two goals, assist), Gloucester captured the championship of the Cape Ann Savings Bank Classic on its home ice, outlasting Barrington (R.I.), 7-5. Colby Jewell (three assists) and Brett Cunningham (two assists) also contributed to the offense.
… The Fishermen advanced to the title game by edging Northeastern Conference rival Marblehead, 5-2, in a nonleague matchup. Marshall also scored twice in that win, and Costanzo added three assists. … In the consolation game, Nick Peters posted the shutout and Marblehead blanked Beverly, 4-0. Connor Jalbert scored twice, and Hayden Leveroni and Christopher Locke once apiece for the Magicians.
Later in the week, Gloucester prevailed in a nonleague matchup of unbeatens, 8-5, over Lynnfield. Jack Costanzo (four goals), Emerson Marshall (goal, three assists) and Brett Cunningham (goal, two assists) highlighted the win, with Colby Jewell and Dan O’Leary also scoring.
* Silver Lake took home the championship of the Cashman Tournament at Rockland Ice Rink, rolling past Abington, 7-2, in the title game. Gavin Sampson’s hat trick led the Lakers, who also got first varsity goals from Brandon Cavicchi and Jake McKee. … In the opening round, Mark Kelleher scored the deciding goal and Aiden Dunphy had the other for Silver Lake in its 2-1 win over Whitman-Hanson. … W-H won its consolation game, 4-0, over Rockland, behind Eric Dean’s 21 saves and first career shutout. Matt Solari scored twice and Luke Tropeano had three assists for the Panthers.
* Whitman-Hanson also took care of Pembroke, 2-1, in a Patriot League matchup. Joe Culley scored both goals for the Panthers, set up by Matt Solari and Luke Tropeano.
* Liam Crowley’s shutout backboned Wilmington to the Guptill Division championship of the Hillies Christmas Classic, beating Winnacunnet (N.H.), 5-0, in the final. … The Wildcats also topped North Andover, 3-2, getting goals from William Alworth, Matt O’Brien and Michael Daniels.
* Darren Ackerman scored twice and Cal Pruett made 30 saves, propelling host Haverhill to a 5-2 win over Amesbury for the Palm Division championship of the Hillies Christmas Classic. Justin Torosian added a goal and assist in the win. … The Hillies edged Pentucket, 5-4, in the opener, as five different players scored and Dylan Soucy made 28 stops.
* Masconomet reached the title game of the JL11 Stoneham Hockey Classic, beating Billerica, 3-1. Matt McMillan, AJ Sacco and Josh Brann scored for Masco.
* Goals from Joseph Hennessey, Zach Galligan, Luke Lamonica and Cooper Hernon led Quincy past North Quincy, 4-1, in the opening round of the Quincy Youth Christmas Tournament.
* In the opener of the Battle Road Classic, Noah Thorpe and Aidan Dowd had a goal and assist each, and Jay Carter scored the deciding goal in Concord-Carlisle’s 3-2 win over Wachusett. CJ Bailey made 26 saves for the Patriots.
* Behind an AJ Robbins hat trick and two more goals from Ryan Maloney, Agawam dominated Chicopee, 10-3, in the opening round of the Chicopee Winter Classic.
* Brandon LeBlanc scored for Leominster in its 1-1 tie with Lunenburg/Ayer Shirley in the Mark Bushnoe Tournament, but the Blue Devils fell in a shootout.
* Jason Cooke scored twice and Tewksbury won its lone game in the Yankee Ford Holiday Classic, topping Scarborough (Maine), 5-1.
* A Colin Davis shutout led Canton to a 5-0 win over Westwood and the annual Joe Donnelly Cup between the rivals.
* Gabe Tassinari had two goals and an assist, Drew VanZandt scored twice and Minnechaug outlasted Westfield, 6-5, in the Berry Division. … Minnechaug also edged Agawam, 4-3, in a crossover game, as VanZandt, Tassinari, David Noel and Derek Grout each scored for the Falcons.
* Auburn swept to three wins on the week, starting with a 3-2 overtime victory over Woodstock (Conn.) on Nolan White’s second goal of the game. Will Reece added a power play goal and Dillon Winkelmann had two assists. … The Rockets then crunched West Springfield, 6-1, led by Dominic DiPadua’s hat trick. Joe Valone, Landon Connor and White had a goal and assist each. … The final win was a 4-2 conquest of Medfield, as DiPadua scored twice and Shawn Bradway chipped in a goal and assist.
* Will Gravell had a goal and assist, and Brendan Martel scored the winning goal in the third period, rallying Westboro past Groton-Dunstable, 2-1.
* Goals from Jeff Hallinan, Aidan LeBlanc and Matt Mezza gave Beverly a 3-1 nonleague win over Melrose.
* Dan Bird and Aidan Harrington scored twice, Cormac Weiler added a goal and Duxbury pulled away from Barnstable, 5-1.
* Lowell Catholic battled Newton North to a 2-2 tie, getting goals from Nate Parreira and Alex Pescatore.
* Matt Lawson had a hat trick and two assists, and Sean McCarthy (two goals, assist) tied the game with 1:36 left as Oliver Ames rallied for a 6-6 draw with East/West Bridgewater. Andrew Livingstone added a goal and three assists for the Tigers.