All three New England championship games are set for Sunday, March 8th. The three-game slate will be held at the Worcester Ice Center. Games are at 1pm, 3:2opm and 5:20pm.
CHUCK VERNON TOURNAMENT (Elite 8)
#6 Phillips Andover vs #1 Nobles, 5:20pm
PATSY ODDEN TOURNAMENT (Large School)
#2 Choate vs #1 St. Paul’s, 3:20pm
DOROTHY HOWARD TOURNAMENT (Small School)
#6 Cushing vs #1 Rivers, 1pm
Chuck Vernon Tournament Semifinals
* Top-seeded Nobles pitched its second post-season shutout, edging Williston, 1-0. Emma O’Leary tipped home a Cassidy Piersiak shot for the only goal of the game. Taylor Hyland made several key stops to preserve the shutout. Nobles takes a 31-0-1 record into Sunday’s title game. The only tie came February 19th against Andover, which happens to be the opponent in the final.
* Sixth-seeded Andover reached the championship game after blanking seventh-seeded Loomis Chaffee, 2-0. Abby Lamontagne scored in the first period for the Big Blue and Olivia O’Brien added a second period strike.
Patsy Odden Tournament Semifinals
* Top-seeded St. Paul’s had an easy time coming off the bye, cruising to an 8-0 win over Worcester Academy. Natalie Tulchinsky and Gaby Roy added a pair of goals. Single goals early on came from Cristina Allard, Tiffany Hil, Grace Martin and Eliza Farris.
* Second-seeded Choate advanced to face St. Paul’s with a 2-0 win over Milton Academy. Mairead Kennedy and Effie Tournas each had a goal for the Wild Boars.
Dorothy Howard Tournament Semifinals
* Rivers is the third top seed to reach a championship game, as the Red Wings took down New Hampton, 5-1. Rylie Glennon scored a pair of goals. while Mallory Hasselbeck, Abby Weiss and Lauren Glaser each scored once.
* Sixth-seeded Cushing won its second straight againt a higher-seeded club, travelling to Brooks and defeating the #2 seed Bishops, 4-3, holding off a Brooks third period rally. Sam Taber had a pair of goals for the Penguins, while Mia Langlois and Lily Brazis had the others.