It was a crazy quarterfinal day in Division 1, where three of the top four seeds failed to move on to Saturday’s semifinals, including top-ranked Williston. On the other hard, in Division 2, all four top seeds emerged victorious.
* #8 seed Loomis Chaffee, which lost its final three games of the regular season, got goals from Avery Flynn, Jenna Donahue and Madeleine Hong to take a 3-1 quarterfinal win over top-seeded Williston. The Wildcats had pinned one of those three defeats on the Pelicans, taking a 4-2 decision on February 16.
* #2 Nobles was only higher seed that won a quarterfinal contest. The Bulldawgs blanked New Hampton 6-0. Emmy O’Leary and Courtney Hyland led the attack with a pair of goals apiece, while Maeve Connolly and Ellie Bayard each had one. Nobles will host Andover on Saturday at 2pm.
* #6 Phillips Andover went on the road and stunned #3 Tabor by a 4-2 count. Anna Bargman scored two goals for the Big Blue. Kelly McCarthy had a big goal and Meghan Ward added an empty net tally. Clare O’Leary and Julia Shaunessy had goals for the Seawolves, who finished 20-2-3.
* Julia Nearis had a hat trick and Luisa Welcke also scored as #5 Kent blanked #4 St. Paul’s, 5-0. The Lions will now face a familiar foe in Saturday’s semifinal – Loomis Chaffee.
* Caroline O’Keefe‘s power play goal in the third period snapped a 3-3 tie and gave top-seeded Brooks a 4-3 win over defending D2 champion Vermont Academy. Carly Stefanini, Mia Laplante and Quinn Healy also had goals for the Bishops.
* #2 Rivers got an overtime goal from Rylee Glennon for a 2-1 win over Thayer. Madison McCaffery had given the Tigers a 1-0 lead before Kaitlin Shaughnessy tied it up for the Red Wings.
* #3 St. George’s blanked #6 Greenwich Academy 3-0. Peyton Mulhern, Paige Gilbert and Caroline Froio each had a goal for the Dragons, who will face Rivers in a semifinal game on Saturday.
* Worcester Academy advanced with a solid 6-2 win over Berwick Academy. Georgie Snow and Grace Bruno each had a pair of goals for the Hilltoppers, who travel to Brooks for a semifinal game on Saturday (3 pm). Melissa Macri and Carley Daly added goals.