– In a wide-open, see-saw affair top seed Loomis Chaffee had just enough to get past Lawrence Academy, 6-5. Sharon Frankel‘s tip-in goal with 57 seconds left while on a power play was the winning tally for the Pelicans. Frankel finished with two goals, while Linda Essery, Maddie Leidt, Jessica Schryver and Jenna Donohue each had a goal. For Lawrence Academy, Corinne McCool had a hat trick, and Kelsey Ryan and Linda Lundblad each had one.
– Loomis will get fourth-seeded New Hampton in one semifinal. The Huskies got past St. Paul’s 2-1 in overtime. Savannah Norcross had the game-winner for the Huskies. Lauren Deblois also had a goal. Finley Frechette scored for St. Paul’s.
– Third-seeded Kent jumped out to a three-goal lead and held on for a 4-3 win over sixth-seeded Tabor. Julia Nearis, Cec Ehrhard, Keely Moy and Melanie Anderson had goals for Kent. Annie Berry, Kelly Browne and Taylor Matherson each had a goal for the Seawolves.
– Defending New England champion Nobles will host Kent in the other semifinal. The Bulldawgs edged past Williston 1-0, on a third period goal from Becca Gilmore, scored with Nobles enjoying a two-man advantage. Both teams had several power play chances in the game. Kelly Pickereign had 24 saves for Nobles, while Danielle Marquez stopped 31 for Williston.
– Top-seeded Worcester Academy returns to the semifinals after outlasting Brooks 2-0. Micaela Sindoris and Carley Daly each had a goal and assist for the Hilltoppers. Julia Pelletier made 20 saves for her 25th career shutout. Caroline Kukas had 26 saves for Brooks.
– The Hilltoppers will see fifth-seeded Thayer in the semifinals. The Tigers made the trip to Kimball Union and returned with an impressive 5-1 win. They scored four goals in the first period and never looked back. Dylan Amonte, Darby Melia, Gabriella Grattan, Madison McCaffery and Caroline Skillman had the goals. Mia Brown scored for Kimball Union.
– Defending champion St. George’s remains in the hunt after a 4-2 win over Rivers. Mary Leys scored twice for the Dragons, with Maddie Tregenza and Peyton Mulhern adding a goal apiece.
– Gunnery will face St. George’s in the other D2 semifinal. After tying and losing to Canterbury in the regular season, the Highlanders took a 4-1 win. Tab Franceschini scored twice, with Noemi Nuebauerova and Mya Berretta adding a goal to the cause. Mary Kate Martino had the lone Canterbury tally.