– In a battle of Division I’s top two teams at the Hingham HS Showcase, Arlington Catholic edged Reading, 3-2, for the second time this year. Senior veterans Adrieana Rossini, Jessica Piracini and Jackie Sindoris each had a goal for the Cougars. Ali O’Leary scored both Reading goals.
– Down 2-0 at one point, Duxbury rallied to salvage a 2-2 tie with Acton-Boxboro at the Hingham HS Showcase. Scoring goals for the Dragons were Jane Dudley and Kelly McCarthy.
– Austin Prep picked up a pair of 6-1 wins over Springfield Cathedral and over Newton North in the opening round of the Cougar Classic, AP had six different goal scorers in each game. Against Cathedral, Caroline Benson, Annie Richards, Olivia Finocchairo, Kendra Currier, Meg Hanlon and Jaime Cook had goals, while against Newton North, lighting the lamp were Benson, Hanlon, Richards, Kylie Currier, Maddy Ricci and Ella Saracco.
– Kelly Ferreira had two goals and Maddy Haberl, Emma Callahan and Ericka Meisner one each as Falmouth knocked off Rhode Island’s defending D1 champions Warwick at the Cape Cod Classic.
– Norwood showed off its high-powered offense in a 10-5 win over Mansfield/Oliver Ames. Kacie Smith had four goals, and Sam Shea and Bella Aspinwall two apiece. Shannon Gillis and Casey MacDonald also scored for the Mustangs.
– Tewksbury/Methuen secured the MVC/Dual Small title by holding off Haverhill/North Andover, 4-3. The Red Rangers got two goals from Amanda Conway and single tallies from Kat Lefebre and Riley Cote. Jess Chicko, Keelin Rogers and Emma Johns had goals for HPNA.
– Goals by Alison Canney and Kelly Browne enabled Burlington to pull out a 2-2 tie with Shrewsbury in a non-league tussle.
– Emily Loprete fired home three goals and Serena Nally had the other as Watertown/Belmont rallied for a 4-2 win over Beverly/Danvers in a meeting of D1 top ten teams. Kristin McCarthy and Anna O’Neil had goals for the Panthers.
– Wellesley defeated LaSalle, RI, 5-1 at the Cape Cod Classic as Cecily Docktor scored three goals. Kaleigh Donnelly and Carly Boyle also scored for the Red Raiders.
– King Philip wrapped up an undefeated regular season (17-0-3), the only team in Mass. to do so, with a 4-0 shutout win over Norwell. Casie Curtin had two goals, and Katie Crowther and Molly Alfond also had goals for KP.
– Acton-Boxboro blanked Woburn, 4-0, at the Hingham HS Showcase. Meghan Barrett had two goals and two assists to lead the way, while Leah Cardarelli and Olivia Keefe also scored.
– Aubrey Ashmun scored twice and Sydney Davies had one to lead Martha’s Vineyard to a 3-2 win over Marshfield.
– In a rematch of last year’s D1 state final, Arlington Catholic edged Duxbury, 2-1, as goals by Jessica Piracini and Adrieana Rossini.
– Whitman-Hanson/Silver Lake defeated Quincy/North Quincy, 4-1, as Hannah Tracy and Mel McAleer each scored a pair of goals.