* Thomas McGaffigan and Cambridge played a game of “beat the clock” to beat Newton South. McGaffigan banged home a rebound off a faceoff draw just before the buzzer to give the Falcons a stunning 5-4 victory in a Merrimack Valley/Dual County 3 matchup. He finished with a goal and three assists, while Luc Denney scored twice for Cambridge, including the tying goal with less than four minutes to go.
* Liam Locke scored twice, including an empty-netter that sealed Swampscott’s 4-2 victory against Peabody to clinch the Northeastern Conference South championship. Drew Olivieri and Matt Griffin added goals for the Big Blue.
* Dartmouth qualified for the postseason with its 4-1 win against Rockland. J.C. Frates led the Indians with two goals and an assist, with Payton Allen and Angelo Nicolosi also scoring. Logan Murphy scored for the Bulldogs.
* Dylan Belchior made 18 saves for his fourth shutout of the season and Somerset Berkley continued to roll with a 3-0 victory against Apponequet in the South Coast Conference. Max Aguiar, Josh Pacheco and Evan Affonso scored for the Raiders.
* East Bridgewater rallied with four goals in the third period to knock off South Shore League foe Middleboro, 4-2. Brett Peterson scored twice, Mike LeVine and Tim Sherman added one each for the Vikings, and Ray Carabin made 32 saves.
* Joey Manning broke a scoreless tie with three minutes left, and John Paul II held off Cohasset/Hull, 3-1.
* Nick Ippolito scored twice and added a pair of assists as Essex Tech blanked Minuteman, 6-0, in the Commonwealth Athletic. Sam Jenkins also had a goal and two assists for the Hawks.
* Jake Curley posted a hat trick and Chris Sarno added a pair of goals to lead Blue Hills past Diman, 7-3. Jake Reissfelder also got his first varsity goal for the Warriors, with Joe Picard adding the other tally.
* Kyle Rogers (two goals, assist) and Sean Walsh (goal, three assists) led Hopkinton to a 7-2 victory against Ashland in the Tri-Valley League. Aiden Walsh, Pavit Mehra and Andrew Gilbert each had a goal and assist as the Hillers improved to 11-0-0. Dan Kirk also scored.
* Cooper Griffin’s two goals were the difference for Dover-Sherborn/Weston in its 4-2 victory against Norton. George Herlihy and Ian Chang added goals, and William Sumelius made 24 saves.
* Kirk Leach scored twice and also assisted Jack Watts’ tally in Foxboro’s 3-3 tie with Hockomock League rival North Attleboro.
* Karsten Becker’s third-period goal pushed Bourne past Dighton-Rehoboth/Seekonk, 1-0, in the South Coast Conference.
* Matt Medeiros scored twice, Max Lague added one and Greater New Bedford edged Old Rochester/Fairhaven, 3-1.
* Manning Morris led five different scorers with a goal and two assists and Hanover took down Quincy, 5-1, in the Patriot League. Kyle Faherty, Christian Sacco, Ethan Davis and Robbie Hanna rounded out the scoring for the Indians.
* Nathan Master scored and Kevin Greene made 22 saves for Watertown in its 1-1 tie with Wakefield.
* Rowan Silva, Anthony Curcuru, Frew Rowen and Gio Recupero each scored for Rockport in its 4-1 victory against St. Joseph Prep.
* Justin Gouveia’s first-period goal was all Bishop Stang needed to ice Latin Academy, 1-0. William Walsh and Matt Dore split the shutout for the Spartans.
* Shane Hamel scored twice for Bellingham in its 6-0 blanking of Minuteman.