– George Matteo got the shutout in goal as Simsbury beat Hamden 3-0. Connor Bettor opened the scoring on a power play, and Jake Magaw made it 2-0 before an empty-netter finished it. Stephen Richitelli made 26 saves for Hamden.
– Jack McGee made 33 saves as Fairfield Prep defeated Xavier 2-1. The Jesuits jumped on top in the first minute on Devin Blanchette’s goal from Matt Kernaghan and Kevin Oricoli. Brennan Henry scored in the last minute of the second. Mike Agruso got the Falcons on the board in the first minute of the third period. Jared Guidobono made 23 saves for Xavier.
– Steven Turner made 32 saves as Hamden defeated Fairfield Prep 4-2. Ty Webb scored two goals, including the game-winner early in the third period, and added an assist. Jake Blackwell also had three points for the Green Dragons. Skyler Celotto had a goal and an assist for the Jesuits.
– Paul Arel finished a hat trick in the final minute to lead Northwest Catholic to a 4-2 win over Simsbury. Tucker Alissi also scored for the Lions. Skylar Hughes scored both goals for Simsbury, both on the power play.
– Tim Arena had five goals and three assists as Farmington Valley knocked off undefeated East Haven 8-4. Owen Lacourciere had two goals and three assists, and Eric Schweitzer had four assists. Nick Capone scored twice for the Yellowjackets; Jake Aloi and Matt Latella also scored.
– Mike Gambardella’s second of the game came in overtime, giving North Haven a 2-1 win over Cheshire. John Reilly made 47 saves in the win. Gambardella scored on the power play in the first period, answered by Matt Federico in the second. Tom Bishop stopped 14 shots for Cheshire.
– Goals by Chris Teto, Joe Aloi, Zach Paquin and Mike Dogolo led East Haven past Watertown/Pomperaug 4-1. Hunter Shay got Watertown on the board with a power-play goal in the third period.
– Ryan Black had a hat trick, giving him 101 career goals, in Woodstock Academy’s 6-4 win over Suffield/Granby/Windsor Locks. Cal Wilcox made 58 saves.
– Alex Borselle had three points as Newington earned its first win of the season, beating BBD 4-2. Newington was 0-5 against D3 opponents and 0-4-1 against others. Matt Lavoie and Patrick Doherty had a goal and an assist apiece, and Matt Roberts had two assists.
– Troy Moeller made 28 saves as the Eastern Connecticut Eagles beat Housatonic/Northwestern 2-1 in overtime. Larry Nolan scored on the first shift of overtime. Alyx Bechler got the Eagles a lead in the second period before the Mountaineers tied it.