A look at some highlights from this week’s action in Connecticut HS hockey…
* Nikita Kovalev scored three goals and Matt Davey and Connor Santry had one each as Greenwich took a big 5-3 win over Ridgefield.
* Three goals from Clayton Coassin led Notre Dame of West Haven to a 5-1 win over Darien. Kyle Stober and Ian Hayden also had goals.
* Surging New Canaan downed Xavier 4-2 with goals from Ethan Reid, Seamus O’Hara, Turner Ives and Gunnar Granito.
* The Eastern CT Eagles got a pair of goals from Will Cannella and one each from Quenten Dean, Ryan Huta and Kyle Jacobson in a 5-3 conquest of Newington Co-op.
* Goals by Christian Mohr and Graham Kennedy were enough for Hall-Southington to blank WMRP, 2-0.
* Two goals from Joe Consiglio were the difference in the East Haven Co-op’s 4-2 win over Woodstock Academy. Jonathan Moscato and Zach Paquin also had goals for the Hornets.
* Joe Schittina had both goals in Amity’s 2-1 win over Tri-Town.
* Collin Braziel scored twice and Kaden Morgillo and Niko Kyle once each to lead West Haven to a 4-1 win over Cheshire.
* D2’s #1 team – Farmington Valley, got two goals apiece from Owen Lacourciere and Eric Schwetzer and single goals from Kyle Kadziolka and Tim Arena in a 6-2 win over Hall-Southington.
* Carson Rush had two goals to lead the Fairfield Co-op to a 7-3 win over Wilton. Sam Shepard, Sawyer Coseglia, Arel Ram, Kevin Quinn and Kyle Mazza also scored. Brandon Johnson had all three Wilton tallies
* In the Newington Co-op’s 4-2 win over Housatonic, Kilian Ranger had two goals and Garrett Pilney and Matt Lavoie each scored once.
* SGWL slipped past Conard 3-2 with goals from Ricky Schoelles, Tyler Gazdik and Cole Battiston.