– Trailing by a goal early for the second time in three games, Fairfield Prep came back with four goals in the second and blew out West Haven 8-2 at the Wonderland of Ice. Kenny Kochiss had a goal and four assists, and Dean Lockery and Matt Wikman had two goals and two assists apiece.
– Hamden bounced back from back-to-back losses with a 7-0 win over South Windsor, and Simsbury, which had lost two in a row as well, beat Xavier 4-1. Notre Dame-Fairfield beat St. Joseph 7-3 behind Christian LaCroix’s hat trick.
– One big shot fired across the bow of Division II…. Well, it was three big shots, as senior Harrison O’Connell’s three goals and Nick Capriglione‘s shutout led New Milford to a 3-0 win over North Haven. The Green Wave won their fifth in a row, including four in the new SCC/SWC conglomerated conference.
– Elsewhere, Zach White scored four goals in Milford’s 7-4 win over Guilford. Hand snapped its five-game losing streak with an 8-1 win over Brookfield/Bethel/Danbury. Newington/Berlin/Manchester tied Northwest Catholic at 3.
– Staples/Weston/Shelton continued its resurgence with a big 4-3 win over Division I Greenwich in Milford. Jack Mendillo scored two goals, Eric Zurmuehle had a goal and an assist, and Will Engelhart made 21 saves in the Wreckers’ fourth win in a row.
– Pat McLoughlin made 35 saves in Newtown’s 1-0 win over New Fairfield; Zach Waller‘s goal was the Nighthawks’ 31st shot on Ryan Dobos. Hall/Southington got its own big overtime win over BCR, 4-3, on Kevin Cop‘s goal.
– Housatonic came back with two goals in the last two minutes to tie Sheehan 2-2, and Masuk beat Watertown/Pomperaug 4-2.