Give the first game in the battle of Wallingford to Lyman Hall.
The Trojans got a goal and assist from Kevin Stoddard, as well as goals from Aydan Durant and Tommy Ralston, and handed Sheehan its first loss of the season, 3-2, in a matchup of two of the top Division 2 boys hockey teams in Connecticut.
Brendan Reddington made 23 saves for the Trojans. Dylan Hennessey and Luke Festa had the goals for the Titans, who will try to get a measure of revenge when the teams get right back at ice against each other Monday night.
* Bethel-Brookfield-Danbury got an Aidan Garvey goal with 4.9 seconds left to maintain its perfect record with a 4-3 win over New Milford. Kenny Granacker also scored twice for the IceCats, who overcame an early 2-0 deficit. Anthony Britton had a goal and two assists, and Louie Alfidi made 38 saves.
* Owen Finnegan scored twice and Trumbull edged St. Joseph, 3-1, in the first Coach Eddy Cup. The game was played in memory of former St. Joseph coach Eddy Lemaire, who died last summer. Nick Smagacz had the winning goal for the Indians after Johnny Karafa put the Cadets on the board. … Trumbull also edged past Westhill-Stamford, 2-1, behind goals from Smagacz and Josh Liebowitz. Tucker Healy had the lone goal for W-S.
* Kyle Kosh scored his second goal of the game with 6.5 seconds left and Milford took home a thrilling 3-2 win over East Haven. Connor Chirico also scored for the Mariners, who overcame an early 2-0 deficit. Cory Benni and Dave Amatruda had the goals for the Yellowjackets.
* Aaron Kail made 15 saves and Staples blanked Masuk, 6-0. Ben Epes had two goals and two assists for the Wreckers, who also got two goals from Owen Sherman. Nikos Ninios added a goal and assist, Victor Sarrazin a goal, and Jason Wolgast two assists in the win.
* West Haven got single goals from Nick Boanno, Nico Bruneau, Ben Carfora, D.J. Carfora and Mike Madera to top Immaculate, 5-1. Jeff Peterson scored for the Mustangs.
* E.O. Smith/Tolland overcame a 48-save effort from Northeastern’s Zach Holm for a 4-1 win. Zach Stoltenberg, Aidan McCarthy, Sam Walikonis and Bryan Roy scored for the Bucks after Kiyan Pourmaleki gave the Shamrocks the early lead. Dan Polgun made 16 saves for the Bucks. … EOS/T also outlasted Woodstock Academy, 6-5.
* Tyler Mackowski scored twice, Ryan Martineau added one and SGWL edged Woodstock Academy, 3-1. Guerin Favreau scored for the Centaurs.
* Finn Hoey notched a hat trick, Rhys Davies scored the go-ahead goal with six minutes to play and Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe stayed unbeaten with a 7-5 win over New Canaan. Charlie Swanson, Sam Swanson and Brendan Carney (empty net) had the other goals for the Mustangs.
* Conard overwhelmed Housatonic, 8-1, as Beau Bacon, Owen McGoldrick and Aidan Shaffer had a pair of goals apiece for the Chieftains. Emory Sirman and Jack Hodgson also scored for Conard.
* Sam Erickson’s two goals sparked Darien in its 5-1 win over St. Joseph. James Conway, Alec Garabet and Danny Lowe added the other goals for the Blue Wave. A.J. Gerace had the goal for the Cadets.
* Tommy Martin posted his fourth shutout of the season for Fairfield Prep, and Kyle Colucci got the only goal he needed to boost the Jesuits past Hamden, 1-0.
* Kevin Hartnett scored in overtime and Ethan Utermarck earned the shutout, backboning East Catholic to a 1-0 win over Farmington Valley.
* Connor Smith and Notre Dame-West Haven blanked Ridgefield, 2-0. Ashton Delmonico and Ryan Ahern scored for the Green Knights.
* Finn Cullen lit it up with four goals, which were the difference in Norwalk-McMahon’s 7-3 victory over Wilton. A.J. Jiminez, Nat Gibson and Michael Widmer rounded out the scoring for NorMac.
* Simsbury crunched Glastonbury, 9-2, getting a hat trick from Aaron Livingston and two goals from Quinn Heagney. Ryan McCormick, Andrew Anastasio, Connor Wilhelm and Aidan Dwyer added goals for the Trojans. In the loss, the Guardians got goals from Zack Caporale and Aidan Adams.
* Newtown/New Fairfield rode James Celentano’s hat trick and 30 saves from Markus Paltauf to topple JBWA, 5-1. Ronan McCallister had a goal and assist, and Phil Makris a goal for the Nighthawks. Stephen Theall scored for JBWA.
* Tyler Stevens and Adam Bradshaw scored as Xavier returned to the ice with a 2-1 win over Notre Dame-Fairfield. Brian Essing scored and Colby LaSalle made 24 saves in the loss for the Lancers.
* Daniel Hand clipped Hamden, 3-2, behind goals from Logan Massey, Ethan Massey and John Gagliardi. Eric Dillner made 20 saves for the Tigers. Anthony Malonis scored both goals for Hamden.