A trio of Division 1 teams from Fairfield were involved in thrilling finishes to highlight weekend hockey action in Connecticut.
* Fairfield Prep got a goal from Luke Noonan with 4.4 seconds left in regulation, capping a three-goal third-period comeback to stun Xavier, 3-2. Joe Bisset and Tiernan Curley also scored in the third for the Jesuits, who ran their winning streak to eight games despite falling into a 2-0 hole through 30 minutes. Jake Lion and Brendan Slack had the goals for Xavier.
* Matthew Jankovsky’s goal in the final minute allowed Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe to pull out a 2-2 tie with Darien and remain unbeaten. Jankovsky also set up Bobby Winter’s goal to open the scoring for the Mustangs, but the Blue Wave surged ahead on goals from Tauson Pfeifle and Danny Lowe.
* Meanwhile, Notre Dame-Fairfield worked some late magic to beat Immaculate, 3-2, on Matt Newton’s overtime goal. Patrick Benvenuto and Chase Carkner added the other goals for the Lancers, and Colby LaSalle (20 saves) earned his first career win in net. For Immaculate, Chase Dietter and Malcolm Thompson scored and Francis McGreal made 30 saves.
* Xavier did bounce back from the Fairfeld Prep loss with Sunday’s 6-2 win over Woodstock Academy. Matt Kraus, Dylan Reynolds, Jake Lion and Jack Nowosad (two goals total) all scored in the third period to snap a 2-2 tie. Dylan Rovetti added a goal in the win. Max Larkin and Guerin Favreau had the goals for the Centaurs. … Woodstock was coming off a 3-1 win over Rocky Hill, getting goals from Noah Sampson, Jeter Darigan and Favreau.
* Kyle Boller and Kenny Granacker had a goal and two assists apiece in BBD’s 4-1 win over Norwalk-McMahon. Tim Whitlock added a goal and assist, and Spencer Abrams also scored for the IceCats, who took a 4-0 lead before Alyssa Jimenez finally snuck one past Louie Alfidi with 5:06 to play for NorMac. … BBD also used a four-goal third period to pull away from Wilton, 7-3. Boller’s hat trick led the way for the IceCats, while Granacker added a goal and three assists.
* Evan Howard scored his first varsity goal and Newington stayed unbeaten with its 5-1 win over Enfield. Braeden Humphrey and Sam Davies added a goal and two assists apiece in the win, with Harrison Ranger and Kilian Ranger also scoring. Andrew Fogarty made 22 saves. Logan Santy scored the lone goal for the Eagles.
* Eric Hendrickson’s 17 saves backboned Glastonbury to its 4-0 win over Cheshire. Keane Smith scored twice for the Trojans, with Zack Caporale and Sean Humpfner adding goals. Evan Cillie had 25 stops in the loss for Cheshire.
* Kyle Kosh scored both goals, and Max Howland and Milford shut out New Milford, 2-0.
* Zach Pettit led a balanced scoresheet with a goal and two assists as Lyman Hall toppled Cheshire, 5-1. Tommy Ralston also had a goal and assist for the Trojans, who got single goals from Dylan Gay, Jack Roberts and Aydan Durant. Brendan Reddington made 24 saves for the win. For the Rams, Niklas Vasilijevs scored and Amaan Chaudry made 33 saves.
* Matthew Christina had a goal and two assists and Watertown-Pomperaug edged Guilford, 3-1. Ryan Magee added a goal and assist, and Aidan Kane a goal for the Indians. Michael Torre scored for the Guardians.
* Luke Festa scored four times and Sheehan had little trouble with Guilford, 9-1. Joey Romano added a pair of goals for the Titans, who also got single tallies from Anthony Romano, Billy Totz and Landon Cantele.
* Nathanael DiSalvatore’s hat trick was the spark for East Catholic in its 6-2 win over South Windsor. Sean O’Connor scored both goals in the loss for the Bobcats.
* Mason Pickering made 18 saves for New Canaan in its 6-2 win over St. Joseph. Boden Gammill (two goals, assist), Michael Rayher (two goals, assist) and Shane Mettler (goal, two assists) led the offense for the Rams, with Jack Johnson adding a goal and assist. Joey Bisson and Matthew Morales scored for the Cadets.
* Victor Sarrazin scored and Aaron Kail made 29 saves for Staples in its 6-1 loss to Trumbull.
* Goals from Scott Groleau, Mackie Stambaugh and Tyler Stoneman pushed Farmington Valley past Simsbury, 3-1. Quinn Heagney had the lone goal for the Trojans.
* Giovanni Cucco, Tyler DiMartino and Camryn Gouveia each lit the lamp for Newtown/New Fairfield in its 3-2 win over Masuk. A.J. Michetti and Drew Scalia had the goals for the Panthers.