Sam Davies scored with 1:14 left and Newington capped a two-goal comeback to stun Hall-Southington, 4-2, in a matchup of unbeaten teams sitting in the top two spots in the Hockey Night in Boston Connecticut Division 3 rankings. Harrison Ranger tied the game with three minutes to play for the Indians, who also got a goal from Sam Hedlund to start the comeback. A late empty-netter sealed the victory.
* Earlier in the week, Hall-Southington gave coach Brian Cannon his 100th career win as it toppled Conard, 4-1 on goals from Colby Fortuna, Owen Miller, Drew Nafis and Sean Roach. Noah Behrens-Gould made 26 saves for the Warrior-Knights.
* BBD continued its red-hot start, improving to 7-0 with a 6-2 win over Masuk. Kyle Boller scored twice, Kenny Granacker and Dmitry Yates had a goal and assist apiece, and Kevin Dykes and Jordan Perrotti (first varsity) added goals. Louie Alfidi made 24 saves for the Icecats. … The previous day, BBD rolled past JBWA, 9-2 behind Granacker’s hat trick. Boller (two assists), Tim Whitlock, Spencer Abrams, Yates, Dykes and Anthony Britton each had a goal in that win.
* South Windsor posted a bounce-back 5-3 win over E.O. Smith/Tolland. Will Bonazelli, Trevor Kniffen and Tyler Power all had a goal and assist for the Bobcats, and Sean O’Connor and Chase Mawhinney also scored. … Earlier this week, O’Connor and Mawhinney scored in a 6-2 loss to Northwest Catholic. In the win, the Lions got a pair of goals each from Connor Melanson and Bobby Lachance, plus one each from Evan Curtis and Cam Baron. … Coach Neil Rodman also posted his 200th career victory in Saturday’s 8-1 roll over Glastonbury. O’Connor, Mawhinney and Power scored twice each.
* Quinn Heagney scored with 10 seconds left and Simsbury shocked Glastonbury, 6-5.
* Wesley Zolin scored in the first period and twin brother Charlie Zolin posted the shutout for Greenwich, which took down New Canaan, 1-0.
* Malcolm Thompson scored his first two varsity goals and had an assist for Immaculate in its 5-4 victory over Hamden. Ryan Rooney also had his first varsity goal for the Mustangs, Patrick Heslin had a goal and two assists, and Freddy Basli a goal and assist.
* Tucker Lawrence’s two goals and two assists sparked Staples in a 5-2 win over Wilton. Zach Schwartz added two goals and an assist for the Wreckers, who also got a goal from Owen Sherman, three assists from Victor Sarrazin and two from Nikos Ninios. Aaron Kail made 22 saves. For the Wildcats, Jackson Kelly and Luke O’Neill scored, both on assists from Charlie Hastings.
* Jack Roberts and Dylan Gay had two goals and an assist each, pushing Lyman Hall past Watertown-Pomperaug, 7-2. Aidan Weir added a goal and assist for the Trojans, who also got a goal each from Daniel Pettit and Kevin Stoddard, two assists from Kenny Mackenzie, and 21 saves from Brendan Reddington.
* Kyle Kosh and Connor Chirico scored twice each and Milford squeezed past Norwalk/McMahon, 5-4. Luca Ubaldi added a goal and assist for the Mariners.
* Chris Schofield posted the shutout, and Darien rode three first-period goals to beat Ridgefield, 4-0. Arthur Devillers’ two goals plus one from Sam Erickson got things going for the Blue Wave in the first 15 minutes, and Teddy Dyer added the final goal in the third.
* Fairfield Prep rolled to a 6-1 win over Notre Dame-Fairfield behind a hat trick from Will Huntington. Brian Essing had the goal for the Lancers. … Earlier in the week, NDF skated past West Haven, 7-2. Chase Carkner and Mike Ceneri had two goals each, Tyler Bassett added a goal and two assists, and Kevin Barrett and Matt Newton (assist) also scored. Reagin Gallagher made 23 stops.
* Chase Millen and Aaron Cholewa each scored a pair of goals and Wethersfield cruised past Conard, 7-2, to stay unbeaten. Colby Quinn, Brady Quinn (first varsity goal) and Jay Socha also scored for the Eagles.
* Laz Vasiliadis’ tiebreaking goal in the second period lifted Tri-Town past SGWL, 3-1. Kyle Provencher and Brendan Birmingham added the other goals for the Terrorcats, while Jordan Blais scored for the Wildcats.
* Branford skated past North Branford, 7-3, led by goals each from Mikey Farricielli and Danny Farricielli. Declan Ross, Billy Linder and Matt Morgan rounded out the scoring for the Generals.
* Zim McAuliffe scored for Housatonic and John Purdy made 37 saves in a 3-1 loss to New Milford.