Notre Dame-West Haven survived one upset bid to start the final week of the Connecticut boys’ hockey regular season, but the Green Knights weren’t so lucky the second time.
Liam Mathews scored twice and Greenwich pulled out the 3-1 victory Wednesday. Jack Hutchins also scored for the Cardinals and Charlie Zolin made 33 saves. Matt Martinelli scored the lone goal for Notre Dame.
Earlier in the week, Dan Cusack scored in overtime and NDWH held off West Haven for a 3-2 victory. John-Michael Childs had a goal and assist, Bobby Allan a goal, and Connor Smith 37 saves for the Green Knights. For West Haven, Charlie Miller made 36 saves, and the Blue Devils got goals from Nick Boanno and Nico Bruneau.
* Anthony Romano scored twice and added an assist, giving him 199 for his career, and Sheehan wrapped up its regular season with a 4-1 win over North Haven. Joey Richo and Tony Sitro had the other goals for the Titans. Eli Brubacher had the goal for the Indians.
* Cheshire rolled to a 7-5 win over Branford, behind a huge two-goal, four assist effort from Nik Vasiljevs. Aidan Gaudet (two goals, assist) and Thor Novicelli (goal, two assists) aided the win for the Rams. It was the 350th win in program history for the Rams. Evan Vasiljevs and Declan Ross added the other goals. … Michael Caron had a goal and assist, and Damon Zurolo netted the eventual game-winner as Cheshire edged North Branford, 4-3. Will Gaudet and Novicelli added the other goals for the Rams. Nick Poulin and Joe Marra had a goal and assist each, and Ryan Michonski a goal for the Thunderbirds.
* Ryan Brockett netted the overtime winner, and Dylan Gay and Zachary Pettit had a goal and two assists each as Lyman Hall outlasted Amity, 5-4. The Trojans also got goals from Jack Roberts and Aydan Durant, two assists from Tommy Ralston, and 24 saves from Brendan Reddington. For the Spartans, Kyle Hummel, Justin Miller, Tommy Schittina and Niko Tournas had the goals.
* John Gagliardi’s hat trick sparked Daniel Hand to a 9-2 win over North Branford. Ethan Massey and Tatum Fitzmaurice had a pair of goals each for the Tigers, with Logan Massey and Jeff Pinover adding the others. Nick Poulin and Dakota Cooper had the goals for the Thunderbirds. … Daniel Hand spread out the scoring in its 5-2 win over Guilford, with Fitzmaurice, Ethan Massey, Logan Massey, Josh Ruotolo and Jeff Pinover each scoring.
* Brendan Carney had two goals and two assists, and Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe bounced back from its first loss of the season with a 6-2 win over New Canaan. Bobby Winter also scored twice and added an assist for the Mustangs, who also got a goal and assist apiece from Rhys Davies and Sam Swanson. Shane Mettler had a goal and assist for the Rams, with Jack Johnson chipping in a goal.
* Keegan Cullen’s overtime goal pushed Norwalk-McMahon past Masuk, 3-2. Finn Cullen and Alex DiRaffaele added goals in regulation for NorMac. Rocco Veneruso and A.J. Michetti had the goals for the Panthers.
* Drew Scalia’s two goals and assist sparked Masuk to a 7-1 win over JBWA. Ryan Squibb also scored twice for the Panthers, with Alex May, Will Brakeman and Andrew Labella adding the others. Veneruso dished out three assists and Michetti had two. Spencer Thomas scored the lone goal for JBWA. … Scalia and Michetti scored, and Tory Beck made 23 saves in Masuk’s 2-2 with with Newtown/New Fairfield.
* Matthew Ruck posted his first career shutout and Wethersfield blanked former co-op partner Rocky Hill, 2-0. Chase Millen and Jack Millen scored for the Eagles. … Wethersfield pulled away from Northeastern in the third period for a 5-1 win. Jack Millen had a pair of goals for the Eagles, with Aaron Cholewa, Will McCarter and Colby Quinn adding the others. Colin Sward scored for the Shamrocks.
* Josh Grimm’s two goals and two assists backed Andrew Fogarty’s shutout and Newington blanked Enfield, 6-0.
* Teddy DeBeradinis and Darien shut out Ridgefield, 5-0. Jamison Moore scored twice for the Blue Wave, with Billy Branca, Tommy Holland and Daniel Lowe adding the others.
* Stephanos Galatas and Trumbull shut out Wilton, 5-0. Nick Smagacz, Brennan Cutter, Peter Antoniou, John Guerrera and Jack McLean each lit the lamp for the Eagles.
* Tucker Healy scored four goals, Emmett Donoghue added two and Westhill/Stamford rolled over Norwalk-McMahon, 8-1. Jason Bacco and Jordan Grabine had the other goals for W/S.
* SGWL got goals from Ben Begley, Jordan Blais, Brandon Severns and Ryan Martineau to topple E.O. Smith/Tolland, 4-1.
* Duncan Hollander’s shorthanded overtime goal allowed Hall/Southington to stun SGWL, 2-1. Hudson Hollander had given the Warrior Knights the lead before Blais scored the lone goal for the Wildcats to tie it. … Duncan Hollander’s goal and five assists led Hall/Southington to a 10-3 win over Northeastern. Hudson Hollander (two goals) and Sean Roach (goal, three assists) also had big games for the Warrior Knights. Lucas Gorcenski, Kiyan Pourmaleki and Sward accounted for the Shamrocks offense with goals. … Hall/Southington also took down Tri-Town, 5-2. Brendan Birmingham and Kyle Provencher each scored in the loss for the Terrorcats.
* Nikolai Naydenov scored twice and Wilton doubled up JBWA, 6-3. Jackson Kelly, Sean Lengyel, Colin Lenskold and Mike McHugh added single goals for the Wildcats. Stephen Theall had a pair of goals for JBWA.
* Theall’s two goals were the difference for JBWA in its 4-2 win over Housatonic. Duncan Craine added a goal and assist, and Ben Wolff a goal for the winners.
* Nat Watson notched his first career goal, leading a balanced scoresheet for Farmington Valley in its 5-2 win over South Windsor. Scott Groleau, Matt Muirhead, Mackie Stambaugh and Tyler Stoneman added goals for the Generals. Chase Mawhinney and Sean O’Connor countered for the Bobcats. … FV capped off the sweep of the series this week with a 3-1 win. Will Bonazelli had the lone goal for South Windsor.
* Goals by Dan Brennan, J.T. Tyler and Josh Tyler in the final five minutes helped rally Enfield past Tri-Town, 3-1. Laz Vasiliadis scored the lone goal for the Terrorcats.
* Bobby LaChance’s hat trick sparked Northwest Catholic to an 8-1 win over Glastonbury. Griffin O’Shaughnessy and Gavin Burke scored their first career goals for the Lions, who also got single tallies from Connor Melanson, Ethan Porter and Cory Alissi. Ben Jean scored for the Trojans. … NWC also took down Xavier, 5-3, in a mid-week Division 1 battle.
* East Catholic edged Rocky Hill, 4-2, in its final game before it had to shut down for the season. Senior Mike Wearne scored his first varsity goal for the Eagles. Connor Konopka and Brody Davidson scored in the loss for the Terriers.