Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe didn’t flinch despite falling in an early two-goal deficit, and kept its perfect record intact in a matchup of Connecticut top five Division 1 teams Wednesday.
Brendan Carney scored the winning goal and the Mustangs rallied for a 4-3 win over Darien. Rhys Davies scored twice, including the tying goal for FWL. He also got the scoring started after Darien had taken a 2-0 lead on goals from Arthur Devillers and Danny Lowe. Liam Forrest followed Davies’ first goal to tie it after 15 minutes. The Blue Wave took the lead on Patrick Thurlow’s goal in the second, but the Mustangs took over from there.
* Two days after suffering its first loss of the season, Sheehan got back at crosstown rival Lyman Hall with a 4-2 victory. Anthony Romano scored twice and his brother Joey Romano added a goal for the Titans, with Dylan Hennessey adding the other. Anthony Romano’s first goal and Hennessey’s tally made it 2-0 after one and Sheehan never trailed. Tommy Ralston and Aidan Weir scored in the loss for the Trojans.
* Matt Reardon made his first career goal count, scoring in overtime to give Xavier a 3-2 victory over Simsbury. Brendan Slack also got his first career tally for the Falcons, with Jack Nowosad adding the other goal. Ryan McCormick and Drew Anastasio countered for the Trojans. … Xavier also beat Immaculate, 3-0, as Ryan Solomon earned the shutout while Colton Malloy and Julian Sicurella scored their first varsity goals. Adam Bradshaw had the other goal for the Falcons.
* Simsbury picked up a 2-1 overtime win Monday over Farmington Valley, as Drew Anastasio scored with 32 seconds left in extra time, after Alexander Pearlman scored the tying goal for the Trojans with five seconds left in regulation.
* Will Mairs scored the deciding goal to lift Greenwich past New Canaan, 3-2. Sean Duffy and Liam Mathews had the other goals in the win for the Cardinals.
* Will Brakeman’s overtime goal gave Masuk a 3-2 victory over New Milford. Michael Domenichelli and Drew Scalia scored within a minute late in the third period for the Panthers, who then gave up the tying goal before pulling it out on Brakeman’s tally.
* Fairfield Prep got huge games from Mason Whitney (two goals, five assists), Tiernan Curley (hat trick, three assists) and Will Huntington (two goal, two assists) in rolling over Immaculate, 9-1. Malcolm Thompson scored the goal for the Mustangs.
* Kevin Hartnett’s hat trick pushed East Catholic to a 5-2 win over South Windsor. Nathanael DiSalvatore had the other two goals for the Eagles, who got four assists from A.J. Bushnell as well as 19 saves from Mason Cormier. For the Bobcats, Tyler Power had a goal and assist, and Sean O’Connor added a goal.
* Staples stayed hot as Zach Schwartz scored his second goal of the game in overtime to give the Wreckers a 2-1 win over Milford. Victor Sarrazin assisted on both goals for the Wreckers, who got 16 saves from Aaron Kail. … Earlier in the week, Schwartz had a hat trick and two assists, having a hand in all of the scoring in a 5-3 win over Westhill/Stamford. Sarrazin chipped in two goals and two assists for the Wreckers, and Kail made 25 saves.
* Westhill/Stamford got goals from five different players in its 5-2 win over Norwalk/McMahon. John Lydon, Emmett Donaghue, Thomas Waterbury, Tucker Healy and Jaiden Gonzalez all had goals for W/S. NorMac got goals from Finn Cullen and Nat Gibson.
* NorMac edged past JBWA, 4-2, earlier in the week, behind a pair of goals from Finn Cullen. Bryce Jimenez and Owen Ives added goals for NorMac, who got two assists each from Will Coale and A.J. Jimenez. For JBWA, Dante Esposito had a goal and assist, Ben Wolff a goal, and Spencer Thomas a pair of assists.
* Notre Dame-West Haven pulled away from Notre Dame-Fairfield, 5-3, on goals from Joe Delucia, Zach Schroeder, John D’Errico, Ryan Ahern and John-Michael Childs. Matt Newton scored twice for the Lancers in the loss, and Brian Essing had a goal and assist. … Essing scored, as did Lancers teammates Eryk Fancher, Tyler Bassett and Timmy Finkenzeller in a 6-4 loss to West Haven.
* Newington rolled past Northeastern, 8-2, behind a pair of goals each from Kilian Ranger and Sam Hedlund. Sam Davies, Tyler Leavitt, Braeden Humphrey and Harrison Ranger had the other goals for the Indians, with Harrison Ranger, Josh Grimm and Mike Degan chipping in two assists apiece. Noah Fleming and Tyler Stone scored for the Shamrocks.
* Owen McGoldrick’s four-goal outburst was the difference for Conard in its 6-2 win over Northeastern. Jack Wentz and Emory Sirman added goals for the Chieftains, while Kiyan Pourmaleki and Patrick Frommer had the goals for the Shamrocks.
* Will Stewart netted a hat trick for Ridgefield in its 5-1 win over St. Joseph. Everett Greenwood and Michael Bianco rounded out the scoring for the Tigers after Mark Husted-Edwards had given the Cadets the early lead.
* Chris Liguori made 29 saves to backstop Newtown/New Fairfield to a 2-1 win over New Milford. James Celentano scored and also set up Ronan McCallister’s tally for Newtown/NF.
* Matt Christina’s hat trick and two assists helped Watertown-Pomperaug roll past Guilford, 10-2. Ryan Magee added two goals and two assists, Aidan Kane a goal and three assists, and Joey Meglio a goal for the Indians, while Jack Mulhall, Aiden Moaddel and Jackson Hitchcock all scored their first varsity goals. Hitchcock and Moaddel also had assists, and Christina, Spencer Ances and Tommy Leonard dished out two each.