Michael Rayher scored twice, and Cam Wietfeldt and Bryce Lyden had a goal and assist apiece to lead New Canaan past Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe, 4-1 in a matchup of top Connecticut Division 1 teams. Beau Johnson made 24 saves for the Rams, beaten only by a Finnegan Hoey goal for FWL. Tommy Adams made 23 saves for the Mustangs.
– Ryan Tymon had a hat trick and two assists for Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe in its 10-3 rout of Lyman Hall. John Vallillo added two goals and an assist for the Mustangs, Alex Melillo had a goal and two assists, and Noah Kingsly, Matthew Jankovsky and Finnegan Hoey chipped in a goal and assist each.
– Michael Troiano scored in overtime and Notre Dame-West Haven survived an upset bid by Greenwich for a 5-4 victory. Troiano finished with two goals for the Green Knights, who also got tallies from James Mascari, Michael Pilato and Ashton Delmonico.
– Tiernan Curley and Matt Chamberlain scored a pair of goals each and Fairfield Prep rolled to an 8-0 win over Notre Dame (Fairfield). Nick Ambrosio earned the shutout for the Jesuits.
– Goals from Owen Quick, Jake Hines and Ayden Mindlin lifted North Haven to its 13th consecutive victory, 4-1 over Daniel Hand.
– Jordan Grabine scored the go-ahead goal and Jaiden Gonzalez added the other as Westhill-Stamford edged Trumbull, 2-1.
– Goals from Luke Melanson, Quinn Heagney and Reid Bulger lifted Simsbury to a 3-1 win over East Catholic.
– Joey Bisson had a goal and two assists, and St. Joseph doubled up West Haven, 4-2. Johnny Karafa, MJ Torre and Trevor Kellogg also scored for the Cadets.
– Matt Morgan’s two goals and three assists led Branford to a 6-4 comeback win over Guilford. Mikey Farricielli added two goals for the Trojans, Sean Bosworth had a goal and assist, and Jack Linder a goal.
– Newington clinched a share of the CCC South championship with its 6-1 win over Hall. Josh Grimm scored twice for the Nor’easters, and Andrew Stribling (two assists), Mike Deegan (two assists), Tyler Leavitt and Braeden Humphrey also scored. Harrison Ranger and Evan Howard chipped in two assists each.
– Drew Scalia scored four goals and AJ Michetti (two goals) notched the winner with two minutes to play, propelling Masuk to a 6-4 win over BBD. … Masuk also stunned Trumbull, 6-1, with four goals from Nick Kondub. Scalia and Austin Braiewa added goals for the Panthers.
– Aaron Kail made 26 saves for the shutout as Staples blanked Milford, 6-0. Ben Epes scored twice for the Wreckers, with Jacob Serfaty, Cooper Paul, Jameson Russell and Derek Wolgast adding a goal apiece.
– Jake Nafis, Michael Fusciello and Drew Nafis had a goal and assist apiece for Southington in its 3-2 win over Staples. Carter Fass and Jason Wolgast countered in the loss for the Wreckers.
– Chase Mawhinney’s overtime goal gave South Windsor a 3-2 win over Simsbury. Mawhinney also had the shorthanded goal that tied it with 9.9 seconds left for the Bobcats, and assisted on Tyler Powers’ power play strike.