Cole Studwell made 25 saves and Greenwich handed Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe its first loss of the season, 2-0, in a FCIAC game to highlight last week’s Connecticut boys hockey action. Randall Feda had a goal and assist, and Grady Kaali-Nagy a goal for the Cardinals.
– Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe bounced back with a solid 8-0 victory over Cheshire. Noah Kingsley (two goals, three assists) and Charlie Swanson (goal, five assists) had big games for the Mustangs, who also got two goals and an assist apiece from Matthew Jankovsky and Finnegan Hoey. Ryan Tymon added a goal and two assists, and Connor Zavory (16 saves) earned the shutout.
– Johnny Karafa had a hat trick and St. Joseph got a big game in goal from Tyler Stiewing (51 saves) to take down Darien, 5-1. Andrew Tata and Trevor Kellogg also scored for the Cadets.
– Matt Kraus had a hat trick and Xavier earned a statement 5-3 win over Fairfield Prep. Chris Fox and Quinten Olshan added goals for the Falcons.
– Jordan Blais scored with 21 seconds left and SGWL stunned East Catholic, 3-2. Blais also assisted Ryan Hughes’ tying goal (first varsity) for the Wildcats, with Elliott Demers scoring the other. … Demers also had the lone goal and Hunter Bascove posted his first shutout as SGWL blanked Tri-Town, 1-0.
– Aiden Courtney made 22 saves and Dominick Harris scored twice as Amity shocked East Haven, 6-3.
– Brenden Hilinski (hat trick) and Sheehan derailed Amity’s momentum with a 7-3 win. Anthony Defilio, Andry Guy, Max Festa and Billy Totz rounded out the scoring for the Titans.
– Michael Pilato scored four goals and Notre Dame-West Haven rolled to a 7-0 win over ND-Fairfield. Brody Andriole, Daniel Cusack and Ashton Delmonico chipped in a goal apiece for the Green Knights.
– Bryce Lyden and Michael Rayher had a pair of goals each, Rayher added two assists, and New Canaan pulled away from Westhill-Stamford, 5-2. Carter Spain also had a goal and assist for the Rams.
– Westhill-Stamford bounced back with a 2-1 overtime win over Daniel Hand, with Jordan Grabine netting the winner, and Eric Frattaroli also scoring.
– North Branford also needed overtime to beat Branford, 3-2, on C.J. Sherwood’s winning strike.
– Goals from Conor Johnson, Austin Jonas and Tyler Szedga propelled Northeastern to a 3-1 win over Southington. Bauer Cordeiro Larkin made 23 saves for the Shamrocks.
– Troy Gouveia had two goals and an assist and Watertown-Pomperaug held off Staples, 5-4. Matt Christina and Jack Mulhall chipped in a goal and assist each in the win, and Jackson Hitchcock also scored. For the Wreckers, Jason Wolgast had two goals and an assist, Cooper Paul a pair of goals, and Tyler DiMaio two assists.
– Dylan Relaz, Dakota Fox and Wyatt Verbridge scored for Eastern Connecticut in its 3-3 tie with Guilford. Cam McCollum had 29 saves for the Eagles.
– Goals from Axel Simonsen, Luke Pereira and Shaun Rigby pushed Ridgefield past Trumbull, 3-1.
– Alex Peterson had a goal and two assists and North Haven topped West Haven, 3-1. Thomas Guidone netted the winner in the third period and Jake Hines scored the insurance for the Nighthawks.
– Colby Quinn’s pair of goals led Wethersfield in its 4-1 win over Rocky Hill. Will McCarter and Jay Socha had the other goals for the Eagles.
– Jeremy Wagner made 15 saves and Newington blanked Conard, 2-0. Josh Grimm and Evan Oliver scored for the Nor’easters.
– Niko Tournas continued his hot season with four goals and an assist, leading JBWA past Fox Lane (N.Y.), 9-2. Tommy Kane added two goals and an assist, and Emmet Arees, Josh Gyolai and Graham Jacobs also scored.
– Kenny Granacker had a hat trick and Jordan Perrotti a pair of goals for BBD in its 6-3 win over Milford. … Louis Alfidi posted the shutout for the Icecats, who got goals from Tim Whitlock, Kevin Dykes and Liam Gelfand to blank Shepaug Valley, 3-0.
– Behind goals from Jake Hurlburt, Vincenzo Rumore and Gavin Rauza, Tri-Town slipped past Hall, 3-1.
– Canaan Sturdevant and Malcolm Thompson scored twice each to lead Immaculate past Glastonbury, 5-1. Jovanni Smeriglio had a goal and assist for the Mustangs.
– Housatonic picked up its first win of the season, 6-2 over Shepaug Valley. Steven Lavigne had two goals and an assist and Cole Mollica two goals to lead the Mountaineers. Zim McAuliffe and Sean Mercogliano added one apiece.
– A.J. Michetti’s two goals and three assists were key for Masuk in its 6-1 win over Newtown/New Fairfield. Christian Palmeiri scored his first goal for the Panthers, with Nick Kondub, Drew Scalia and Austin Braiewa also contributing a goal each.
– Cole Schoen scored twice and E.O. Smith/Tolland outlasted Southington, 6-2. Damian Till, Keegan Hodgkinson, Kaleb Van Horn and Cam Sterling also tallied for the Bucks.