* Anthony Romano scored his second goal of the game in overtime and Sheehan made a big statement for Connecticut Division 3 boys hockey by knocking off previously unbeaten Daniel Hand, 6-5. Joey Romano also scored twice followed by Anthony’s first goal as the Titans took a 3-0 lead in the first period. The Tigers then rattled off four straight goals (Logan Massey, Tatum Fitzmaurice, Teddy Licari, Joseph DeAngelis) to surge ahead, 4-3 after two. Luke Festa and Devon Napoli gave Sheehan a 5-4 lead in the third before Ethan Massey tied it with 1:50 left, setting the stage for Anthony Romano’s winner. Anthony also had two assists and Joey Romano one, while Massey had two assists for Hand.
* Daniel Hand responded with an 8-0 whitewashing of Scarsdale (N.Y.), with Eric Dillner posting the shutout.
* Luke Welsh netted a hat trick and Ridgefield handed Westhill-Stamford its first loss, 6-2. Kees van Wees added two goals and two assists for the Tigers, while Will Stewart had the other goal. Eddie Zelikman and Hunter Gilchrist scored for the Black Knights.
* Frank Genovese notched his 200th career victory in Enfield-East Granby-Stafford’s 4-1 victory against South Hadley (Mass.). … The Eagles then notched their fourth consecutive victory, blanking Milford, 4-0. Clayton Cowee scored twice for the Eagles, while Logan Santy and Tyler Provencher added one each. Ryan Groshans and Tommy Terhune split the shutout.
* Ivan Kovalev scored in overtime and Greenwich erased a two-goal deficit to knock off Darien, 3-2. Ben Nash made 40 saves for the Cardinals, who got goals from Chris Cataldo and Ryan Columbo after the Blue Wave went up 2-0 on goals from James Conway and Bennett McDermott.
* Ryan Ahern had a goal and assist, and Notre Dame-West Haven held off Xavier, 3-2. Christopher Hughes and John D’Errico added goals as the Green Knights took a 3-0 lead in the third, before the Falcons got goals from Matt Kraus and Matt Ryan only to fall a goal short. Connor Smith made 38 saves for ND, while Ryan Solomon had 19 stops for Xavier. … Xavier bounced back with a solid 7-1 victory against Northwest Catholic, as Aden Hotchkiss and Kraus scored twice each.
* Earlier in the week, Noah Melanson scored twice and Northwest Catholic cruised past Glastonbury, 7-1, avenging a 4-1 loss less than a week earlier. Nate Loitz, Brendan Waitt, Quinn Heagney, Jack McDermott and Connor Melanson all added goals for the Lions. Keane Smith had the lone goal for the Tomahawks.
* Kyle Boller scored twice and Bethel-Brookfield-Danbury edged Masuk, 4-3, for its first victory of the season. Spencer Abrams and Tyler Caldara added goals for the IceCats. Kyle Cirillo had a goal and two assists for the Panthers, with Jack Cirillo and A.J. Michetti adding the others.
* Mason Whitney’s natural hat trick supported a shutout from Tommy Martin as Fairfield Prep iced West Haven, 6-0. Robert Viguls also scored twice and Tiernan Curley once for the Jesuits.
* Aaron Cholewa and Jack Healy scored twice each and WMRP rallied past Watertown-Pomperaug, 6-5. Trevor Piecewicz and Connor Rancourt had the other goals for the Eagles. Sean Dunfee and Matthew Christina scored twice for the Indians, with Ryan Furr adding the other.
* Jack Manware had a goal and three assists, and Branford used six different scorers to roll past Watertown-Pomperaug, 6-1. Bill Linder added a goal and two assists for the Hornets, with Spencer Engstrom, Dan Farricelli, Zach Jones and Mikey Farricelli also scoring. … Branford also tied North Haven, 2-2, with goals from Manware and Danny Farricelli, but Eli Brubacher notched the tying goal for the Indians in the final minutes.
* Nick Maringola made 33 saves and Charlie Pettit had a goal and assist to lead Cheshire past West Haven, 3-1. Thor Novicelli scored the tiebreaking goal in the third period for the Rams, and Will Gaudet after scored after Kaden Mongillo had given the Blue Devils the lead in the first period. … Cheshire also rallied past North Branford, 2-1, behind goals from Pettit and Caron, as well as 20 saves for Maringola. Ryan Michonski scored and Tyler DiNapoli had 28 saves for the Thunderbirds.
* Jordan Verchin made 17 saves for the shutout and Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe blanked Amity, 5-0. Noah Kingsly notched his first career goal for the Mustangs, who also got a goal and assist from Rhys Davies, and goals from Bobby Winter, John Vallillo and Brendan Carney. … FWL also topped Wilton, 5-3, once again with a balanced scoresheet. Davies, Matthew Jankovsky and Sam Swanson had a goal and assist apiece for the Mustangs, with Winter and Brady Pomer chipping in a goal each. John Grace made 17 saves. Jackson Kelly and Lucas Thelen had a goal and assist each for the Wildcats, while Tyler Everitt added a goal.
* Tyler Stoneman scored twice and Farmington Valley extended its win streak to seven games with a 6-1 victory against South Windsor. Matthew Arena, Scott Groleau, Mackie Stambaugh and Brendan Occhino also scored for the Generals, and Jackson Holl dished out three assists,
* Max Vitucci had the shutout for Norwalk-McMahon in its 3-0 victory against Staples. Alex DiRaffaele, Finn Cullen and Jeb Boyer scored for NorMac.
* Beau Johnson and New Canaan posted a 1-0 shutout of St. Joseph.
* Harrison Ranger scored and Andrew Fogarty earned the shutout as Newington edged New Milford, 1-0.
* Bryce Riccitelli had a hat trick to spark Hamden’s 9-5 victory against Immaculate.
* Brett Pisani and Kyle Kosh each had a hat trick as Milford rolled past Byram Hills (N.Y.), 11-3. Matt Gilebbi added a pair of goals for the Indians.
* Jack O’Connell had a hat trick, Phillip Makris added a pair of goals and Newtown outlasted JBWA, 6-5. James Celentano’s goal early in the third turned out to be the difference for the Nighthawks.
* Goals from Jack Roberts, Daniel Pettit and Matt Pettit led Lyman Hall/Haddam-Killingworth/Coginchaug past Gulford, 3-1.
* Scott Simeon’s two goals were the difference as Simsbury doubled up Notre Dame-Fairfield, 4-2. Jack Fiengo added a goal and two assists for the Trojans, with Griffin Marquis rounding out the scoring. Kevin Kelley and Mike Ceneri scored for the Lancers, both on assists from Brian Essing.
* Cam Perez netted a pair of goals to lead Hall-Southington past Housatonic-Northwest-Wamogo-Torrington, 5-1. Matt Weir, Duncan Hollander and Hudson Hollander also scored for the Warrior Knights.
* Trumbull took down St. Joseph, 8-1, behind two goals each from Manny Bellios, John Guerrera and Jack McLean. Owen Finnegan and Colin Franzen had the other goals for the Eagles.