* Jackson Holl scored a power play goals and also set up Mackie Stambaugh’s winning strike on the man advantage as Farmington Valley ran its win streak to eight and handed WMRP its first loss of the season, 3-2.
* Darien also made a statement earlier in the week with its 6-3 victory against then-No. 1 Fairfield Prep. Bennett McDermott scored twice for the Blue Wave, who took a 4-0 lead in the first period. James Conway, Teddy Dyer, Sam Erickson and Max Sharp had the other goals. … The Blue Wave also blanked St. Joseph, 8-0, as McDermott and Matt Fiorita scored twice each. … McDermott also recorded a hat trick as Darien edged Westhill-Stamford in overtime, 5-4.
* Mason Whitney’s two goals led Fairfield Prep past Hamden, 7-1. Jack Esse, Tiernan Curley, Aksel Sather, Thomas Quinn and Cooper Eckert also chipped in to the balanced scoring for the Jesuits. … Whitney also notched a hat trick in Fairfield Prep’s 7-0 blanking of Xavier.
* Westhill-Stamford beat Trinity Catholic, 6-1, but the Crusaders’ Jeff Reda stole the show with 74 saves – the second time this season Reda has cracked the 70 mark. … Earlier in the week, TC opened eyes when the Crusaders, with only six skaters because of illness, posted a 4-2 victory against Northeastern.
* Cole Chapman and Andrew Lech scored in the third period to give Simsbury a 3-1 victory against Xavier. Aden Hotchkiss had the other goal for the Trojans after Ryan McCormick’s second-period goal gave the Falcons the early lead. Jackson Bulger made 25 stops for Simsbury.
* Beau Johnson and New Canaan shut out Ridgefield, 2-0, with the Rams getting goals from Griffin Deane and Shane Mettler. … New Canaan also picked up a 6-4 victory against Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe, led by two goals and an assist each for Deane and Boden Gammill. Mettler and Carter Ellis also scored for the Rams. Sam Swanson led FWL with two goals and an assist, while Matthew Jankovsky and Finnegan Hoey added goals.
* Greenwich also pulled away from Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe for a 5-1 victory. Ryan Columbo scored twice for the Cardinals.
* Connor Smith made 28 saves and Notre Dame-West Haven blanked Notre Dame-Fairfield, 3-0. Joe D’Agostino, Michael Pilato and Bobby Allan scored for the Green Knights.
* Jack Dacey had a hand in all of the scoring for Guilford with four goals and two assists in a 6-3 victory against Watertown-Pomperaug.
* Matt Morgan’s two goals led a balanced scoresheet for Branford in its 8-1 rout of Woodstock Academy.
* Kyle Marino scored with two minutes to play as Eastern Connecticut rallied past Tri-Town, 4-3. Marino and Steve Turchetta each had a goal and assist as the Eagles erased a 3-1 deficit. Ryan LoVetere and Will Cannella added the other goals in the win. … The Eagles also scored a 3-0 win against Tri-Town a day earlier as Rylin Fowler made 27 saves and Evan Tower had a goal and assist. Devyn Jordan and Billy DeCastro also scored.
* Sean O’Connor’s hat trick led South Windsor to a 4-1 victory against Northwest Catholic. … South Windsor also had a thrilling, buzzer-beating 3-2 overtime victory against Cheshire. Will Bonazelli notched the last-second goal for the Bobcats. Tim Fisher made 42 saves for the win.
* Kevin Hartnett also had a hat trick to make the difference for East Catholic in its 5-2 victory against West Haven.
* Cheshire’s Niklas Vasilijevs and North Haven’s Tommy Guidone each scored in their teams’ 1-1 tie. Andrew Sacco (31 saves) of North Haven and Nick Maringola (28) of Cheshire were solid in net. … Alex Butera’s goal with 56 seconds left gave Immaculate a 6-5 victory against Cheshire. Butera finished with a pair of goals for the Mustangs, who finally broke into the win column. Niklas Vasilijevs’ hat trick sparked the Rams in the loss.
* Zach Schwartz scored twice for Staples in a 6-2 victory against Trinity Catholic.
* Logan Hamilton’s 19 saves backed East Haven’s 3-0 victory against Milford, Dave Amatruda, Duncan Rider and Cory Benni scored for the Yellowjackets.
* Nikolas Giotsas scored twice for Newington in a 5-1 victory against Northeastern. Killian Ranger had a goal and two assists for the Indians, with Justin Stergos and Harrison Ranger chipping in a goal and assist apiece.
* Brendan Ryan had a hat trick and Daniel Hand rattled off the game’s final 11 goals in a 13-2 victory against JBWA.
* Kyle Boller’s hat trick rallied Bethel-Brookfield-Danbury to a 3-3 tie with Amity.