– Alex Stasiuk got the game-winner early in the third, and Mike Agruso’s hat trick led Xavier to a 5-2 win over Suffield/Granby/Windsor Locks, the only team in Connecticut that had defeated the Falcons. Matt McWhirter and Jake Bourdeau (short-handed) scored for the Wildcats, who led 2-1 before Aden Hotchkiss tied it in the second.
– Jared Guidobono made 35 saves in Xavier’s 3-2 win over New Canaan. Anton Adding gave New Canaan an early lead, but Austin Reid scored twice and Aden Hotchkiss had three points as the Falcons scored the next three goals. George McMahon also scored for the Rams.
– Matt Ciaburro scored twice, Hunter Krasnow also scored, and Greg Caturano put his second into an empty net as Notre Dame-West Haven beat Hamden 5-2. Hamden was coming off a 4-3 win over Notre Dame-Fairfield in which Jake Blackwell had two goals and an assist.
– Chris Ligas made 27 saves for a shutout as Fairfield Prep beat West Haven 5-0. Eight players earned a point for the Jesuits, though Matt Kernaghan was the only one with two, assists on Fairfield Prep’s last two goals. Logan Cole made 45 saves for the Blue Devils.
– Sean Keegans made 24 saves as Ridgefield hung on for a 3-2 win over West Haven. Nicky Cullinan had a goal and an assist, and Jeff Pracella and Will Forrest also scored.
– John Russo completed a hat trick 31 seconds into overtime as South Windsor beat Cheshire 4-3, the Rams’ fourth loss in a row, the last two in overtime. Cheshire twice took leads, only to see South Windsor answer. Russo’s first goal just beat the second-period buzzer, and his second goal gave the Bobcats their first lead, but Ammar Chaudhry scored on a power play with 6:12 left to send it to overtime. Conrad Reynolds had a hand in all three Cheshire goals, and Tom Bishop made 25 saves. Max Caouette made 15 saves for South Windsor.
– Watertown/Pomperaug scored three in the third to beat North Branford 4-1. Peter Jorgensen scored twice, Jake Harwell had a goal and an assist, and Troy Harwell had a pair of assists. Ryan Fleming made 22 saves in the win. John Lovelace made 32 saves for the Thunderbirds, and Brian McKee scored in the second period.
– Zach Polo’s second of the game tied it for Conard, and the game ended 2-2 against Hand. Shea Henderson made 34 saves for the Chieftains.
– Avery Riva had four points, and Ryan Black and Nathan Deluca had three apiece in Woodstock Academy’s 6-5 win over New Fairfield/Immaculate. Cal Wilcox made 33 saves in the win, and Shane Conciatore made 34 saves for the Rebel Mustangs. Sam Mitchell and Jameson Brown had three points apiece for NFI.
– Tyler Jackson’s hat trick led Sheehan to a 6-5 win over Housatonic/Northwestern. Nick Spina, Patrick Budds and Jake Festa also scored for the Titans. Erin Bushey and Justin Gomez had three points apiece for Housatonic.
– BCR avenged a loss to the Redhawks last week, winning 4-1 this week. Kyle Camello, Brendan O’Reilly, Luke Slater and Connor Morton scored in the win.
– Tyler Jackson scored late in regulation, Sheehan killed a late power play, and Jake Festa scored in overtime to give the Titans a 2-1 win over Lyman Hall/HK/Coginchaug. Jack O’Brien had given the Trojans a lead midway through third.