– Once the snow was cleared, Xavier earned a big 4-2 win at Fairfield Prep. The Falcons scored three goals in a row after Fairfield Prep took an early lead. Dave Piekut scored two goals, the second on a penalty shot to make it 4-2 with 3:26 to go, and Ben Guidobono made 19 saves. Brett Reid and Gordon Gurnell also scored for the Falcons. Ryan Deering had both Jesuits goals with assists from Chris Kral.
– The Falcons came back with a 5-2 win over LaSalle of Rhode Island, while the Jesuits rebounded to beat Hamden 6-2. Deering assisted on three goals, including Justin Blanchette’s two. Vinny D’Amore also had two assists. Jack Taubl made 20 saves.
– Notre Dame-Fairfield, which had lost five in a row in-state and six out of seven overall, got possibly its biggest win of the season with a 3-2 overtime win over Glastonbury. Mike Antoniou scored his second of the game in overtime. Nick Carloto had two assists for the Lancers. Kyle Thibodeaux made 37 saves for the Tomahawks in defeat.
– Five different scorers and Drew Marquis’ goaltending led Simsbury to a 5-4 win over Hamden, which by week’s end had lost three in a row after an eight-game unbeaten streak. Christian Ugolik and Jeremy Routh had a goal and two assists apiece for Hamden. The Trojans nearly didn’t follow it up, but defenseman Hagen Wunderle tied it in the last minute, and Jake Arnold won it in overtime, a 3-2 victory over Northwest Catholic.
– Andrew Graziano made 38 saves to lead North Haven to a 2-1 win over North Branford. J.J. Jensen scored both North Haven goals early. Adam Burkle answered in the third for the Thunderbirds, but Graziano shut the door to snap North Branford’s six-game winning streak.
– Zach Withington scored two third-period goals to break a tie, and Cooper Bunton finished off a hat trick late as Branford beat New Milford 5-3. A.J. Brink made 26 saves for the Hornets. Alex Fortuna made 25 saves for New Milford, and Jameson Steinhart had two assists.
– Milford beat Cheshire 5-3, scoring four in the third period – three in a row – to turn around Cheshire’s 2-1 lead after two periods. Brady Dennigan had four points, including the last two Milford goals, one into an empty net. Frankie Ilnicki and Matt Jordan gave the Rams a lead in the first period after Luke Gibbs scored early for Milford. Sean Rowland made 30 saves for Milford. Jake Verneris stopped 25 for the Rams.
– Suffield/Granby/Windsor Locks snapped a three-game losing streak with a 6-2 win over Woodstock Academy. Jake King had two goals and three assists, and goalie Shane Kertanis made 15 saves and had an assist. Austin Beaupre and Nathan DeLuca had a goal and an assist apiece for Woodstock Academy; Ryan Black had two assists.
– Tyler Faulkner’s overtime goal lifted NFA/St. Bernard/Bacon Academy to a 5-4 win over Tri-Town. Maren Lancaster had a hat trick, and Andrew Gagnon also scored. Ryan Sherba scored all four goals for Tri-Town.
– Masuk held off New Fairfield/Immaculate’s rally to win 3-2 as Connor Muller made 16 saves. Pat Andros scored twice for the Panthers, and Elijah Begin had two assists. Parker Evans and Jamison Brown scored for NFI.
– Housatonic/Northwestern/Wamogo beat the Eastern Connecticut Eagles 6-2 behind two goals and an assist from Liam Bambery. James Huften also scored two goals, and Wes Reel had three assists. Zach Jones and Jimmy Fitzmaurice scored for the Eagles.
– The Eagles came back with a 6-4 win over Everett, MA. Pete Yapchanyk scored two goals, Kevin Close had three assists, and Fitzmaurice and Jones assisted on each other’s goals.