* Niklas Vasilijevs, Thor Novicelli and Aiden Gaudet each had a goal and assist and Cheshire held off Glastonbury, 3-2, in a key early Connecticut Division 2 matchup. Nick Maringola made 32 saves for the Rams (3-0-0) in the win. Adam Poetto scored and also set up Keane Smith’s goal for the Tomahawks, who got 21 saves from Kevin Giesow.
* Jared Yakimoff made 28 saves and Branford blanked Trumbull, 3-0, to stay unbeaten. Jack Manware and Dan Farricielli had a goal and assist each for the Hornets, with Zach Jones netting the other goal.
* Chase Millen scored twice in WMRP’s 7-4 victory against E.O. Smith/Tolland. Connor Rancourt, Aaron Cholewa, Evan Partridge, Brady Davidson and Colby Quinn all added goals for the Eagles, who also improved to 3-0-0. Bryan Roy netted a hat trick for the Bucks.
* Matthew Arena had a huge game with four goals and an assist and Farmington Valley blanked Conard, 9-0. Jackson Holl added two goals and an assist, and Brendan Occhino a goal and two assists for the Generals. Danny Pauling netted the shutout.
* Steve Turchetta and Evan Tower had two goals and an assist each to propel Eastern Connecticut to a 5-1 victory against Housatonic-NW-Wamogo-Torrington. Will Cannella added a goal for the Eagles and Rylin Fowler made 21 saves.
* Sam Swanson’s two goals and two assists led Fairfield Warde/Ludlow in its 6-1 victory against Watertown-Pomperaug. Matthew Jankovsky and Rhys Davies had a goal and assist each, with Bobby Winter and James Pisciotta also scoring. Jordan Verchin got the win for the Mustangs.
* Devin Napoli’s hat trick sparked Sheehan’s 6-1 victory against Immaculate. Anthony Romano added a pair of goals and James Stratton one for the Titans.
* Hamden opened play in the Crusader Classic in Kingston, R.I., with a 4-2 victory against East Greenwich (R.I.). Alan Cozzolino had two goals and an assist. Alex Ponzio a goal and two assists, and Craig Cesare a goal for the Green Dragons. Ben Bielen and Maxx Ricci shared time in net.
* In the St. Dominic’s Academy Christmas Classic, Brian Essing scored the winning goal with 3:11 left and Notre Dame-Fairfield edged Bishop Brady (N.H.), 3-2. Essing also assisted both goals by Kevin Barrett and Jeremy Goulden, while Nick Piselli made 20 saves in the win.
* Sean Dupre had two goals and an assist as West Haven blanked Amity, 6-0. Jared Pliszka made 18 saves for the shutout.