The matchups are all set for Sunday’s three Boys Prep School championship game, all at Sullivan Arena on the campus of St. Anselm College.
Small School – #3 Lawrence Academy vs #4 New Hampton – 12 noon
Large School – #5 Brunswick vs #3 Thayer – 2:30pm
Elite Tournament – #3 Kimball Union vs #1 Salisbury – 5pm
Elite Tournament Semifinals
* A goal late in the first overtime by sophomore Zach Whitehead gave Kimball Union a 2-1 win over Rivers in a rematch of last year’s title game. The Wildcats can now defend their title against Salisbury. Logan Cash also had a goal for KUA in the second period. The Rivers goal came from Tommy Kontaros, also in the second period. A great season for Rivers ends at 27-2-2.
* Salisbury advanced with a 3-1 win over Dexter Southfield. The Crimson Knights got goals from Jacques Boquot, Nick Capone and Arsenii Smekhov. Jason Rathbone had a third period strike for Dexter Southfield.
Large School Semifinals
* Brunswick surprised top-seeded Northfield, winning 5-0 on the road thanks to two goals from Henry Hill and single tallies from Ed Glassmeyer, Tom Richter and Christian LeSueur.
* In a battle of Keller Division rivals, Thayer advanced to the title game with a 4-2 win over St. Sebastian’s. Evan Googins, Sasha Teleguine and Christian Hayes had goals for the Tigers, and Jay O’Brien added an empty-netter. Wyatt Schlact and Connor Joyce had goals for the Arrows.
Small School Semifinals
* Neil Shea scored in overtime to lift Lawrence Academy over second-seeded Gunnery, 3-2. Sam Colangelo and Ethan Bastien scored goals in regulation for the Spartans.
* Michael Kane, Joe Dunlap and James Hatzepetros had the goals in New Hampton’s 3-2 win over top-seeded Winchendon. Matt Sayles had an outstanding game in goal for the Huskies. Cam Gendron and Ville Rainio had goals for the Wapiti.