* Top-seeded Salisbury fell behind 1-0 but came back for an eventual 4-2 win over #8 Westminster. Nick Capone led the attack with a pair of goals for the Knights. Lucas Mercuri and Justin Hryckowian also had goals. Jordie McKenna and Will Gilson had goals for the Martlets.
* John Fusco scored in the first minute and Dexter Southfield never trailed, holding off #4 St. Sebastian’s 3-2. Fusco finished with two goals and Jack Dempsey had one for the winners. Liam Connors and Tommy Lyons had goals for the Arrows, who finish 23-6-0.
* Junior Seth Stadheim had the lone goal with less than two minutes to go in regulation as two-time defending Elite Tournament champion Kimball Union nipped Gunnery, 1-0. Sullivan Mack and Zach Whitehead had assists on the goal. Veeti Kohvakka made 18 saves.
* Riley Duran scored in overtime to lift #3 Lawrence Academy to a 2-1 win over #6 Northfield Mt. Hermon. David Sacco had a first period goal for the Spartans, who face Kimball Union in a semifinal on Saturday (5pm at KUA).
LARGE SCHOOL TOURNAMENT
* Eamon Doheny had two goals, including an empty-netter, to power #1 seed Deerfield to a 4-1 win over #8 Avon Old Farms. Mikey Holland had a goal for the Big Green as did Noah de la Durantaye.
* #4 Kent doubled up #5 Phillips Andover 4-2 with goals from Tom Raith, Aidan Cobb, Dane Dowiak and Michael Posma. The Lions will travel to Deerfield for a semifinal tilt Saturday.
* #7 Cushing got an early goal from Max Dorrington and an empty-net tally from Brad Zona in a 2-0 shutout win over Phillips Exeter. Joe Sharib pitched the shutout in goal.
* Nobles advanced to the semifinals, needed overtime to oust St. Paul’s, 3-2. Casey Severo was the hero for the Bulldogs, burying the rebound of a John Murray shot. Robert Lapsley and John Cronin also scored for Nobles, which will host Cushing on Saturday.
SMALL SCHOOL TOURNAMENT
* #1 seed Tilton moved on after a 4-1 win over Pomfret. Jack Seymour led the attack with two goals, while Brendan Sjostedt and Jagger Benson each had a goal and assist. Goalie Owen Cuddyer was solid with 35 saves.
* In the wildest game of the day, Holderness jumped out to a 5-0 lead in its quarterfinal matchup with Proctor and hung on for a 9-6 win. Tim Manning had three goals for the Bulls and Carter Rose and Isaiah Fox chipped in with two.
* #3 Rivers slipped past #6 New Hampton, 5-4. A goal by John Kantaros late in the third period snapped a 4-4 deadlock. The Red Wings also got goals from Phil Tresca, Cade Webber, Ryan Bell and Mike McEachern. Isaac MacLeod had a hat trick for the Huskies.
* Matthew Toporowski had a hat trick as St. Mark’s eliminated Groton, 5-1. Brendan Gibbons and Jackson Coutu added goals for the Lions, who meet top-seeded Tilton in a semifinal Saturday (4 pm).