Beast Tournament Series action continued over the Labor Day Weekend with several league games played at the Eastern Alliance Kickoff. Here are a handful of highlights.
* The Valley Forge Minutemen shut out the Springfield Thunderbirds National team, 3-0, behind a shutout in net from Aries Carangi and goals from James Carpenter, Ty Simonet and Jack Cichetti.
* The Neponset Valley River Rats Showcase squad tied 4-4 with the Mid-Fairfield Showcase team in a back-and-forth game. The two teams exchanged goals and stood at a 2-2 tie after the first half. Down 4-3 with the clock winding down, the River Rats got a huge power play goal by Kai Roberto with 14 seconds left to end the game in a tie.
* The Long Island Gulls National team defeated the Neponset Valley River Rats National 6-1. After falling behind 1-0 early in the first, the Gulls exploded for six unanswered goals. Logan Goodman and Rich Rucireto led the way with two each while Joseph Macrina and Sam Esposito each added one.
* The 18U Long Island Gulls Showcase team also won, beating the Buffalo Regals Showcase team 5-1. It was 2-1 heading into the second half, when Ryan Colapinto, Jesse Lemza and Ronald Kemly all scored for the Gulls to give them the exciting win.
* In another tie, the North Shore Wings and the Valley Forge Minutemen U18 teams tied 2-2. The Wings took a 2-0 lead on goals by Camden Umlah and Christian Rosa, but the Minuteman battled back on goals by Alexander Robinson and Joseph Plumley.
* In a big win, the Yale Jr. Bulldogs beat the New Jersey Rockets 8-1. Alex Pelletier had a monster game with four goals and Cory Alissi added a pair in the win.
* In a tight match-up, the Buffalo Regals Showcase team won a nailbiter, 2-1 over the Springfield Thunderbirds U19. After a scoreless first half, Ivan Milovidov scored both goals for the Regals with little time left to take a 2-0 lead. With three seconds left in the game, Benjamin Moll scored for the Thunderbirds.
* The Springfield Thunderbirds U19 shut out the Long Island Gulls Showcase 5-0. Benjamin McCormick earned the shutout in net and the Thunderbirds got a pair of goals each from Noah Frankel and Max Lieman.
* In another shutout, the Mid-Fairfield National team defeated the Avon Regals, 5-0. Everett Hidy led the way with two goals while Trey Dionne, Marko Goich and Jacob Rothman each added one in the win.
* Seacoast Performance Academy beat the New Jersey Titans National in comeback fashion, 4-2. Down 2-0 early in the first, the Spartans battled back to tie the game at two. A pair of goals by Aidan Burwell in the second half propelled the Spartans to a win.
* In a tight battle that came down to the wire, the North Shore Hockey Academy beat the East Coast Militia 3-2. Tied at two after one half, Nathaniel Brissette scored the game-winning goal on an assist by Brock Wakeland with 25 seconds remaining.
* The Seacoast Performance Academy National beat the Valley Forge Minutemen 3-1 in U16 action. The Spartans got goals from Dempsey Grim, Pavel Martinu and Richard Jenkins in the win.
* The North Shore Hockey Academy shut out Mid-Fairfield Showcase 3-0 with a tremendous effort and a great game in goal from Joseph Pearl. After a scoreless first half, the North Shore Hockey Academy got the scoring starting in the second with a goal by Lucas Jensen. James Lu and Caleb Johannes followed that up with goals of their own.
* Mid-Fairfield National improved to 2-1 on the season with a 6-3 win over the New Jersey Rockets. It was a tight 3-2 game after the first half after goals by George McCaffrey, Oliver Czaja and Carter Johnson. But, three more goals in the second half by Tommy Coccaro, Marco Senerchia and Jack Kennedy helped propel them to the victory.
* The Long Island Gulls remained undefeated with a 5-1 victory over the Neponset Valley River Rats National team. The River Rats scored first, but it was all Gulls after that as Poul Andersen lead the way with two goals and Malachi McKinnon, Ryan Zobeidat and Jesse Orlowsky each added one.
* The Gulls also had a big win over the Avon Regals beating them 9-2 behind a hat trick by Ethan Wyttenbach and a two-goal game from Trace Frieden.
* In a thrilling match-up between two strong teams, the New Jersey Titans and the Springfield Thunderbirds played to a 5-5 tie. The Titans had a 3-1 lead late in the first half until two power play goals by Will Callender and Matthew Cuccovia pushed the Thunderbirds to get closer. With the Titans leading 4-3 heading into the second, the Thunderbirds pulled ahead on two goals by Joseph Orszulak and Mike McGrath to put them ahead 5-4. With 1:29 left James Lucosky scored for the Titans to force a tie.
* the Boston Jr. Huskies Selects beat the Connecticut Chiefs Spilt 3-2 in a comeback win. Down 2-1 after the first half, the Huskies got two late goals by Aedan Flores and Andrew Gaffney to pull away with the victory.
* Goals by Tommy Anderson, Trevor Pellecchia and Michael Munroe powered the Neponset River Rats to a 3-1 win over the East Coast Militia. Joe Marchi and Grayden Robertson-Palmer each contributed two assists.
* In the 15U division the Valley Forge Minutemen snuck by the Neponset Valley River Rats 3-2. With the River Rats up 2-1 after goals by Thomas Broderick and Michael Federico, the Minutemen came up with two late second half goals by Sam Flood and Jaiden Golden to earn the win.
* The Yale Jr. Bulldogs Showcase and the Boston Jr. Huskies Selects played to a 2-2 tie. Brett Franko and Henry Keil scored for the Bulldogs while Matt Kelly and Will Buchannon scored for the Huskies.
* The Boston Jr. Eagles U14 shutdown the Yale Jr. Bulldogs 4-0. Justin Lee earned the win in net with 26 saves. JP Montgomery, Jacoby Palmer, Cade Noonan and Carter Meyer all scored for the Jr. Eagles in the exciting victory.